Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

On 9/7/2018 at 5:18 PM, rayaans said:

Realistically, 400hs can't get anywhere near even 25mpg most of the time. 

Really???  Most figures I've seen posted on here range from 30-34.  Mine does about 31 and I have a heavy right foot although I expect it to drop to 27-28 in winter.  My 12v Battery is 3 years old too so not exactly in its prime which hurts fuel economy.

10 minutes ago, Rutlandlex said:

The auto transmission in the 300 has a higher failure rate than hybrid battery packs and they cost more to repair too.  I know we're talking single figure percentage failure rates for both but still.....

Is that true for the gearbox in the Harrier as well?  Asking because mine is a Harrier and I know it has a different transmission from the V6s. If you can point me to any data for this I'd be very interested to see it.

On 9/19/2018 at 2:01 PM, Rutlandlex said:

The auto transmission in the 300 has a higher failure rate than hybrid battery packs and they cost more to repair too.  I know we're talking single figure percentage failure rates for both but still.....

Do you have any proof of such claims? Both are extremely rare to occur. I've known of a few series I RX transmission to have issues but not the 5 speed in the series II.

Just now, ColinBarber said:

Do you have any proof of such claims? Both are extremely rare to occur. I've known of a few series I RX transmission to have issues but not the 5 speed in the series II.

I think it was the older ones wasn't it? I've read a bunch of stories online about transmission failures on the first generation (XU10).

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to add that for people quoting their personal MPG figures it would really help if you also posted your tyre size/brand/model and _most importantly_  your tyre pressure

For instance my RX400h has just come back from it's summer holiday to Slovakia and managed 31mpg over approx. 3000 miles, over half of which was motorway. Tyres are 18" Hankook whatevers on the front and Michelin Latitude Sport 3s on the rear at 35 psi.

Without the tyre information it's all fairly anecdotal

Also, sign up for Fuelly, it's a real help

Gen 3 RX, 1300 mile holiday in Scotland at 31.6 mpg overall, which includes 2 x 450 mile days there and back.

The car's on Michelin CrossClimates at 33psi.

42424700_10155467412921402_8698365533923311616_n.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links