Hi, 

For the past few weeks my brake pedal has sometimes felt hard to push when starting the car (gs300 mk3) always starts and pedal pulls to floor, but after some reading I found out the non return check valve can cause this possibly if its not sealing as it should, and with it been a cheap and easy solution I figured I would try and sort it.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the part numbers required or where on earth to buy them, I have looked around but cannot find anything, maybe they are not specific to a lexus and some toyota parts will fit but I don't know, I expect some of you will have had this problem before as it seems fairly common at one point or another.

Thanks.

I would think you are talking about the servo vacuum non return valve. If so this should be available as separate part. 

John.

Yes that is the part, I'm still having trouble locating a part without resorting to a Lexus dealer though.

Thanks.

Try a breakers yard. I would imagine virtually any Toyota Nissan or Mitsubishi would probably use the same part. It only plugs into a rubber grommet, and has a rubber hose attached.

John 

• Thanks 1