Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

My car recently ticked over 91k miles  and needed a full service, last service was August last year at 83k.

As it was at 91k I booked the car in for a 100k Major service with Lexus Plymouth. I understand a large service like this is only done at 60k miles and 100k miles, please correct me if im wrong, 

Just thought I'd add a post on costs and what was carried out if anyone is getting near that service point in their cars life.

I purchased 2 new Pirelli P Zeros for the front wheels a couple of months ago as the inner wall had the dreaded tyre wear, middle and outside were like new 😞 I got a great deal from Oponeo.co.uk 

I saved them for the service so Lexus could fit them (which they kindly did free of charge).

Lexus did all the usual full service items, changed the Oil, brake fluid, engine coolant, screen wash, all filters screen wash, checked for recalls, plugged the engine in the computer etc etc,

Also a full visual inspection, they took off, checked and re-tourqed all 4 wheels, tyre pressures, checked control arms brakes, suspension, literally every nut and bolt of the car was looked over and tightened.

There was nothing wrong with the feel of the car before the service but it honestly felt like new when I picked it up, felt solid.

I had a rubbing noise from the passenger wheel in the week building up to the service, they checked it out and found the heat shield had slightly bent and was rubbing, all fixed for free and no more noise.

It was a bit of a relief as I've only owned the car since April so this was it first proper full inspection by Lexus under my ownership, they confirmed the car is in great condition and had been well looked after. 

There were only 3 things to sort at a later date, air conditioning needs regassing which I'm not fussed about, with the Hayward and Scott exhaust burbling im more of a window down kinda guy.

Heat sheild above the exhaust was ripping a bit and may need replacing, and lastly 3 clamps on the exhaust were leaking slightly so will need replacing, as it was a Hayward and Scott exhaust they didn't have the correct clamps so wouldn't touch it.

All in it cost £595, Money well spent IMO, I am curious as to what a simular service would be for a M3 or C63, RS4 etc.

The customer service and work carried out at Lexus Plymouth was first class, added benefit of it being a 5 mintue walk from my house it's a relief to have a garage like that so close.

Another stamp in the service book and a warm fuzzy feeling the car is in great condition.

Apologies for the long read

Cheers

Ian

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

@IIVORC Ian pleased for you both for the car having a refresh and good service from Lexus Plymouth.

Its been said many times but they really are a great car and it never ceases to amaze me when people comment how tight they still feel even as the miles pile up.

I know that @Rusty Crobar car is well over the 100k I wonder on the forum who has the highest mileage IsF 🤔

Good post Ian 👍

Big Rat 

• Like 1

I'm north of 115k miles and counting! Last service included gearbox oil change, new radiator hoses, sparkplugs and water pump so it was over £1000 at an independent garage. I'm not sure all isf's need all of these things doing at this age but my car has a hard life and I don't know the service history in detail so played it safe! My car just seems to get better with age, unlike me [emoji16]

Got the next service in October so fingers crossed it is cheaper this time!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I'm thinking about getting the gearbox oil done at the next service. Talked to the service manager at Guildford who reckons it's not necessary unless the car has been tracked, which it hasn't.    However next service it will have done 100k which I reckon means the oil has done enough work... Do you know if there are any filters in the IS-F gearbox which should also be changed?

Take your point about calling hoses etc as well. Mine look OK, no cracks or any signs of damage and I'm tempted to leave the water pump until the extended warranty runs out. I don't think I'll be able to renew that again as the car will probably have hit 100k by that time.

• Like 3

Well it is pampered with no expensive spared but yes, 10,000 miles a year of commuting, family duties and, um, recreational driving would break most old performance cars. Not an F car though...

[mention=56951]Rusty Crobar[/mention] Your car had a hard life........ Nah regular vigorous exercise is good for all of us [emoji16]
[emoji232]

• Like 3

I'm thinking about getting the gearbox oil done at the next service. Talked to the service manager at Guildford who reckons it's not necessary unless the car has been tracked, which it hasn't.    However next service it will have done 100k which I reckon means the oil has done enough work... Do you know if there are any filters in the IS-F gearbox which should also be changed?
Take your point about calling hoses etc as well. Mine look OK, no cracks or any signs of damage and I'm tempted to leave the water pump until the extended warranty runs out. I don't think I'll be able to renew that again as the car will probably have hit 100k by that time.
I don't think there is a filter for the gearbox. Personally I think 100k miles is a lot for any sort of fluid so I'd recommend changing it.

• Like 1

Put some RR Racing USRS lower control arm bushes on to fix the inner front tyre wear. Will save you the money spent on new tyres pretty quickly, and make the car handle better!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Toothy said:

Put some RR Racing USRS lower control arm bushes on to fix the inner front tyre wear. Will save you the money spent on new tyres pretty quickly, and make the car handle better!

That's on my list after the extended warranty ends, though to be honest, at the moment my tyre wear is pretty even.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mattmech said:

Had my gearbox oil changed last year when it went in for the recall. Think you’ll be surprised how cheap it was.

mines only done 44k but wanted it for peace of mind.

Interesting, I've been told it's a fairly involved process to do properly, so I was expecting a chunky labour bill for it..

I was quoted £800 from my local dealer for the next 2 services. The next one is 100k, I'm impressed what they are going to replace:

Air filter - replace as required
All Applicable
Labour Battery(s) in key fob
Insp aircon/pollen filter(s)-replace as necessary
Refill engine oil
Replace brake fluid
Replace engine coolant
Replace rear differential oils
Replace oil filter
Replace transmission oil

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonP said:

Thats interesting, replace transmission oil wasn't included in my 100k service.

everything else in that list above was done apart from the transmission oil on mine too

i also let them clean the car inside and out, usually i only let dealerships clean the inside for fear of the paintwork being scratched with an old £1 sponge but as its getting a detailed next year i didn't mind, i have to say they did a very decent job, the wheels came up like new too

20 hours ago, Toothy said:

that is on my list too, thanks for the tip, i'll start looking into it 

1 hour ago, JonP said:

Thats interesting, replace transmission oil wasn't included in my 100k service.

Can't seem to find the interval for a gearbox oil change in the service manual. Will find out if it happens in January, it was last done 40k ago (77k now) so its at least been changed once.

20 hours ago, JonP said:

Interesting, I've been told it's a fairly involved process to do properly, so I was expecting a chunky labour bill for it..

They only drop the oil from the sump, can’t get the oil out of the torque converter, and refill with whatever procedure they use.

dont think it was part of the service schedule, service centre told me they advise a change at 100k or 10 years.

cost me £145 which I was more than pleasantly surprised with !

• Like 1