Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi I have just ordered a NX300h Luxury in Mesa Red however after looking at numerous pictures I am concerned it may look a bit dull! Is this the case or does look better in the flesh? Considering changing to the Sonic White with red interior.

Also am I correct in assuming the Luxury does not have HUD?

At the risk of upsetting fans of Mesa red - and there are plenty! - I think it is a fantastic colour when it is clean and when it is sunny: it has a lot of depth with gold specks... but I think that it does look dull unless it is kept clean.

Sonic white has a beautiful and pearlescent finish and looks great. It makes a great combination with the dark rose interior.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

I think Mesa Red looks better on the smaller cars. We had an IS which looked very good in this with the cream leather inside.

On the NX, I should think that the White with Dark Rose would look beautiful. It certainly did on the LC demonstrator I was loaned.

When we came to order our 2018 NX luxury we went to the garage intent on ordering the blue and came away ordering the messa red with the cream interior. We waited for 4 months for the car to arrive and it was not until we picked it up that we finally accepted we had made the right decision.

We have no regrets and after a 3 week trip away in France it did not look like it had done 2000 miles. A quick wash restored its original finish.

However colour is down to individuality and what appeals to some is a mess to others.

No HUD in the 2018 Luxury.

Thanks for the feedback, think we need a trip down the dealers for a proper look at the colours unfortunately our cars don't get washed very often and it sounds like the red needs to be kept clean.

Yeah I got a Mesa Red IS, I actually went to look at one on a dull day and decided against the colour.

Then after more looking, I decided, no, I like the colour, and in the sunshine when its clean, it simply gleams due to the gold flecks in it.

On a dull day, it can almost look burgundy, and yes it does show up the dirt, thought red wouldn't.

Vince 

• Like 1

You definitely need to see colours on a drab day.  When I bought a Toyota GT86 I was going to go for the metallic orangey colour as is really sparkles in the sun.  On the drab day I went to see one at the dealers it looked flat and orange-brown in colour.  I ended up going for red in the end.

• Like 1

I ended up going for the Mesa red on my Luxury NX, and it really is a lovely colour when the sun shines. When the sun isn't shining it does indeed look rather dull. Even so, it gets plenty of compliments - and sorry about this, but the courtesy NX I had for a couple of months in Sonic White is the same. Nice in the sun, but looks like a flat 'normal' white otherwise. I had a couple of colleagues question why somebody would buy such a nice car '...and have it painted like a cheap van.' Quite. They wouldn't have said that if it had been clean and the weather sunny though...much like the Mesa red.  See photos - in the sun it really sparkles - otherwise it looks like a flat deep red.IMG_0103.thumb.JPG.2ea66df6427dc443f95c537c3d395c90.JPGIMG_0099.thumb.JPG.d35b4fafe242d2511c3ff6b75dc4e878.JPGIMG_0101.thumb.JPG.3ee94362e26e4a3b74fb2bfce667db58.JPG

IMHO the best colour for the NX is the Mercury Grey. For a car that won't be cleaned or detailed regularly you can't go wrong with silver. Hides almost anything!

IMG_0207.thumb.JPG.ab6d576670b49a65fe4956cf5c8782e7.JPG

• Like 1

Have had two Mesa red Lexus's and am a fan of the colour but it does need work to keep it pristine. But when it is it's gorgeous. Agree with first lexus though if you're not a regular washer and waxer.