Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISF Toms and Wild Replica kit - Potential Group buy

ISF Carbon Fibre parts - Potential Group Buy  

6 members have voted

1. 1. If I can get a group buy, what might you be interested in?

• ISF Toms style Front lip in a choice of weaves (costs vary by weave)?
    • ISF Toms style side skirts in a choice of weaves (costs vary by weave)?
    • ISF Toms style rear diffuser in a choice of weaves (costs vary by weave)?
    • ISF Wald style half front bumper insert in a choice of weaves (costs vary by weave)?

Morning all,

I’ve approached a firm in the states who seem to make very high quality replica carbon fibre parts for the ISF (no GSF and RCF parts as far as I can see) to see if they will do a group buy. To reassure you, this IS NOT the dodgy Dominican Republic firm that have let a few in here down but I obviously cannot guarantee anything the new firm provides other than the quality and contact to date seems to be a lot better.

This is just to see who may be interested before I waste too much time. Please express interest in the poll above so I can test the water with some speculative volumes. I’ll be able to get discounted pricing ideas once I know the potential volumes.

They do the carbon fibre in a choice of weaves to match any other stuff you may have on your car;

• Twill weave - This is what Novel (definitely) and Wald (I think) stuff comes in
  • Plain weave - This is what most of the common replica Toms stuff comes in
  • 45 degree plain weave - This is what genuine Toms stuff comes in

They also do a reinforced version where both sides of the item are wrapped in the weave unlike genuine Toms stuff where only the main visible face is wrapped.

I’ve only just reached out so any discounts are TBC but undiscounted prices are around $300 - $500 per item (Front lip, Front Bumper, Side Skirts, Rear Diffuser) plus shipping which we also may be able so reduce, again based on volumes.

Here are some examples of the weaves they do and a link to the website http://www.shineautoproject.com/portfolio/lexus-06-14-isf-misc-aero-items/ so you can see what is available and at what standard price.

Weaves are shown in a few examples below, in the first picture it is twill weave at the top (Novel and Wald standard style), then plain weave (Common Toms replica standard weave), then 45 degree plain weave (What real Toms stuff comes in). Once you know that please apply some logic to what the other photos show.

2B2B75A1-C7F3-4323-98D9-3539A45F0841.thumb.jpeg.1a65ad3bac38f5832c42ae7e6626007a.jpeg

C80D312A-494A-4847-AAD4-CB64F4FA19BB.jpeg.24e32507c0bc2da8d198ef1929c000a7.jpeg8C110911-45E8-499B-A46C-BEF3CAD48647.jpeg.9143c83e0b7467709c04521b553fb0ca.jpeg9C688F70-48F7-4BA2-9D5B-2090F2360E11.jpeg.b936a23b6a70a75fe8611ea38166b5a6.jpeg069F2840-42EA-4007-9166-9CBAC4C64465.jpeg.77808e625e2f102c47f4980dda24626b.jpeg

Just realised that if you want more than one thing that’s not an option so if you do, please comment below with what you might want, such as;

Rear diffuser and side skirts please!

Stupid polls..... stupid early morning posts..... stupid Dan!

:tomcat: 

Forgot about this for a while..... Wooohooooooooo!!!

2 hours ago, NothernDan said:

Morning all,

I’ve approached a firm in the states who seem to make very high quality replica carbon fibre parts for the ISF (no GSF and RCF parts as far as I can see) to see if they will do a group buy. To reassure you, this IS NOT the dodgy Dominican Republic firm that have let a few in here down but I obviously cannot guarantee anything the new firm provides other than the quality and contact to date seems to be a lot better.

This is just to see who may be interested before I waste too much time. Please express interest in the poll above so I can test the water with some speculative volumes. I’ll be able to get discounted pricing ideas once I know the potential volumes.

They do the carbon fibre in a choice of weaves to match any other stuff you may have on your car;

• Twill weave - This is what Novel (definitely) and Wald (I think) stuff comes in
  • Plain weave - This is what most of the common replica Toms stuff comes in
  • 45 degree plain weave - This is what genuine Toms stuff comes in

They also do a reinforced version where both sides of the item are wrapped in the weave unlike genuine Toms stuff where only the main visible face is wrapped.

I’ve only just reached out so any discounts are TBC but undiscounted prices are around $300 - $500 per item (Front lip, Front Bumper, Side Skirts, Rear Diffuser) plus shipping which we also may be able so reduce, again based on volumes.

Here are some examples of the weaves they do and a link to the website http://www.shineautoproject.com/portfolio/lexus-06-14-isf-misc-aero-items/ so you can see what is available and at what standard price.

Weaves are shown in a few examples below, in the first picture it is twill weave at the top (Novel and Wald standard style), then plain weave (Common Toms replica standard weave), then 45 degree plain weave (What real Toms stuff comes in). Once you know that please apply some logic to what the other photos show.

2B2B75A1-C7F3-4323-98D9-3539A45F0841.thumb.jpeg.1a65ad3bac38f5832c42ae7e6626007a.jpeg

C80D312A-494A-4847-AAD4-CB64F4FA19BB.jpeg.24e32507c0bc2da8d198ef1929c000a7.jpeg8C110911-45E8-499B-A46C-BEF3CAD48647.jpeg.9143c83e0b7467709c04521b553fb0ca.jpeg9C688F70-48F7-4BA2-9D5B-2090F2360E11.jpeg.b936a23b6a70a75fe8611ea38166b5a6.jpeg069F2840-42EA-4007-9166-9CBAC4C64465.jpeg.77808e625e2f102c47f4980dda24626b.jpeg

Morning, personally id be interested in the front lip/skirt/diffuser,......there is a genuine Wald rear diffuser on E-bay for £1100 or offers, did consider it BUT I’m not convinced it’ll look right on red.......think I’d prefer something a little less conspicuous on my colour car.....I know Roman Schapp is the official link to genuine Toms and Lems part in Europe, Ryo will be coming to the Peak meet on the Saturday and he’s in it with Roman although his part is that of a silent one....although being genuine they will probably be of a more expensive nature 🙄

Just now, Womble72 said:

Morning, personally id be interested in the front lip/skirt/diffuser,......there is a genuine Wald rear diffuser on E-bay for £1100 or offers, did consider it BUT I’m not convinced it’ll look right on red.......think I’d prefer something a little less conspicuous on my colour car.....I know Roman Schapp is the official link to genuine Toms and Lems part in Europe, Ryo will be coming to the Peak meet on the Saturday and he’s in it with Roman although his part is that of a silent one....although being genuine they will probably be of a more expensive nature 🙄

But I’m still interested......hope the interest is here too 👍🏻👍🏻

7 hours ago, Womble72 said:

But I’m still interested......hope the interest is here too 👍🏻👍🏻

Hi Paul, i doubt we’ll get a lot of interest as @Flytvr has brainwashed everyone into into thinking that modifying F’s is the devils work 😁

In all seriousness if we get 4 or 6 we can get reduced shipping and maybe 10-15% off.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Hi Dan,

I’d consider front lip and side skirts in the twill weave. 

May also have a contact to help with shipping? Worth checking if we get enough interest....

Presumably to bolster numbers we could just say it’s 2 order if you want a lip and skirts, 3 if you wanted the diffuser as well....??

Means we get more numbers with less buyers if that makes sense.....

1 hour ago, NothernDan said:

Hi Paul, i doubt we’ll get a lot of interest as @Flytvr has brainwashed everyone into into thinking that modifying F’s is the devils work 😁

In all seriousness if we get 4 or 6 we can get reduced shipping and maybe 10-15% off.

So I must be Satan himself?! Lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Peter P18 said:

Hi Dan,

May also have a contact to help with shipping? Worth checking if we get enough interest....

Presumably to bolster numbers we could just say it’s 2 order if you want a lip and skirts, 3 if you wanted the diffuser as well....??

All good Pete, the guys say that shipping is costly due to parcel size if there is loads but they can generally ship two items for the price of one so even numbers are good if there are less than 10 in total. If you’ve got a contact then even better.

lets see how many people want to ‘ruin’ their cars (clearly ‘improve’ is more accurate) and we can make a call.

• Like 1

Hi Dan,

I'd be interested in a front splitter. I need to read up some more on Shine's products; their website is missing info in the materials section.

Can anyone tell me any benefits to opt for the Kevlar version over the carbon? Apart from making my wallet lighter that is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhoeNicks said:

Hi Dan,

I'd be interested in a front splitter. I need to read up some more on Shine's products; their website is missing info in the materials section.

Can anyone tell me any benefits to opt for the Kevlar version over the carbon? Apart from making my wallet lighter that is.

Looks like it’s just a finished gloss weave on both sides instead of just one side.

• 2 weeks later...

On 9/7/2018 at 9:16 AM, Womble72 said:

Hey Paul, 

what weave would you want the front lip in, standard, 45 degree or twill? And would you want it double sided or just the standard single sided? Take a look and let me know. Dan.

On 9/7/2018 at 6:11 PM, Peter P18 said:

Hi Dan,

Hey Pete, double sided or single sided stuff chief?

On 9/7/2018 at 7:13 PM, PhoeNicks said:

Hi Dan,

Hey Nick, 

have you made a decision on what stuff you want yet? Let me know as I’ll be speaking to Shine later this week.

Thanks mate, Dan.

On 9/8/2018 at 6:00 PM, FTBBCVoodoo said:

You must have read my mind.  I was only looking at the stuff from Dom Rep the other night.  

Rear diffuser for me 🙂

Hi Lee what weave do you want your diffuser in and would you want double sided or single sided weave?

2 hours ago, Twellsie said:

Hi, Potentially interested in a full set

Hi Rich, what weave would you want and do you want double or single sided stuff. Double only seems worth it on the side skirts if you ask me. Let me know anyway,

Dan.

14 minutes ago, NothernDan said:

Hey Paul, 

what weave would you want the front lip in, standard, 45 degree or twill? And would you want it double sided or just the standard single sided? Take a look and let me know. Dan.

Evening Dan, I honestly haven’t a clue, would only want something subtle, this is probably the only other mod I’d be doing to it......did contemplate the rear diffuser but don’t think it suits the red, 

sorry I can’t be much help, will have to look them up, do you have a link?

paul

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Womble72 said:

Evening Dan, I honestly haven’t a clue, would only want something subtle, this is probably the only other mod I’d be doing to it......did contemplate the rear diffuser but don’t think it suits the red, 

sorry I can’t be much help, will have to look them up, do you have a link?

paul

Hi Dan,

found the link, still no help to me, I’ve only an Iphone, don’t have a computer and images are not good when trying to blow them up, will try and look tomorrow when I’m in the office, although we’ve filters on the system and some things are bared from loading, will see what I can “see” lol......I mean find out.

28 minutes ago, Womble72 said:

Hi Dan,

found the link, still no help to me, I’ve only an iPhone, don’t have a computer and images are not good when trying to blow them up, will try and look tomorrow when I’m in the office, although we’ve filters on the system and some things are bared from loading, will see what I can “see” lol......I mean find out.

Hey mate, so there is only Toms stuff that comes in the 45 degree weave, all the replica stuff tends to come in standard weave but Novel, Wald, Seibon and loads of other stuff comes in the Twill weave like you’ll see on Pete’s weapon. That might be a safer bet. Take a look and let me know....... single sided too, no point going double unless you get the side skirts.

if you’re not wanting to make it too obvious against the red then I have a lexon front splitter that I was going to have fitted to mine but in body colour (it’s CF now but the weave isn’t perfect on one side so I was going to get it painted) I was just gonna get it sprayed my car colour and fitted. May be an option if you’re not having any other CF stuff on the car, just have it sprayed to match your bumper. I’d do you a good deal too! Let me know if you’d be interested as I may go for a CF front splitter off these guys to match my genuine Toms rear diffuser in the same weave.

heres the factory image of it, crap quality photo so apologies for that. I can send you some actual photos tomorrow if you are interested;

5B204DDC-36A5-403E-AA74-65399188F329.thumb.jpeg.a09780d89a8385deee77abd4fe696e73.jpeg

2 hours ago, NothernDan said:

Hi Lee what weave do you want your diffuser in and would you want double sided or single sided weave?

Hello mate. 

Probably twill.  Also not much point going double sided I would have thought for a rear diffuser.  What do you think?

Cheers

7 hours ago, NothernDan said:

Hey mate, so there is only Toms stuff that comes in the 45 degree weave, all the replica stuff tends to come in standard weave but Novel, Wald, Seibon and loads of other stuff comes in the Twill weave like you’ll see on Pete’s weapon. That might be a safer bet. Take a look and let me know....... single sided too, no point going double unless you get the side skirts.

if you’re not wanting to make it too obvious against the red then I have a lexon front splitter that I was going to have fitted to mine but in body colour (it’s CF now but the weave isn’t perfect on one side so I was going to get it painted) I was just gonna get it sprayed my car colour and fitted. May be an option if you’re not having any other CF stuff on the car, just have it sprayed to match your bumper. I’d do you a good deal too! Let me know if you’d be interested as I may go for a CF front splitter off these guys to match my genuine Toms rear diffuser in the same weave.

heres the factory image of it, crap quality photo so apologies for that. I can send you some actual photos tomorrow if you are interested;

5B204DDC-36A5-403E-AA74-65399188F329.thumb.jpeg.a09780d89a8385deee77abd4fe696e73.jpeg

Morning mate, yes that’s the one I like, it’s subtle enough for the red to take it, other than that I’ll go with your opinion, don’t want anything to much, the red doesn’t jell well unlike most of the other colours,

cheers,

Paul