Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mercury Grey Carbon

One was added recently Mercury Grey Carbon DA65EBF (for some reason that is my favourite colour for Carbon, it gives just right contrast to the car, yet not in-your face ricer).

The other thing 43k miles for £36500... I think NO! Maybe at £28500 more likely (especially from private seller), I reckon his PX is something like ~25k!... well unless it is being secretly sold by Lexus Hedge End where even IS-F can be listed for £38340!

• Like 1

Good luck trying to get it for £28500 - that would make it the cheapest RC-F in the UK.

Add to that 

1. It is the rare RC-F Carbon Edition

2. It is an ultra rare grey RC-F Carbon Edition (in fact the only one that I know of in the UK)

All pretty pointless anyway. You won't buy a car without a sunroof!

It is simply RC-F carbon.. colour is personal choice... it is as well the highest millage RC-F Carbon in UK. Carbon usually sells for couple of k more, so say if standard RC-F sold half a year ago with 40k miles for £26.5k at the same time this carbon would have sold for £28.5-29.5k.. never mind it is now 6 month older effectively.

I would not buy any Carbon for at least 2 reasons..

1. doesn't have sun-roof
  2. doesn't have leather seats
  3. ohhh... and carbon just for the sake of aesthetics and no real weight saving shouts ricer for me...

So why on earth would you even bother creating this thread if the car is of no interest to you?

Sounds like you just want to create an inflammatory thread. Surely the infamous @Linas.Pwouldn’t do something like that?

• Like 2

No... I just thought it is nice car/colour combo which was added recently and somebody might want to discuss it further... just the price is wrong. I am too simple person for some other agenda... If I would wanted to be inflammatory - I would do it much more directly in the face... and would probably get banned in the end.

9 hours ago, Linas.P said:

It is simply RC-F carbon.. colour is personal choice... it is as well the highest millage RC-F Carbon in UK. Carbon usually sells for couple of k more, so say if standard RC-F sold half a year ago with 40k miles for £26.5k at the same time this carbon would have sold for £28.5-29.5k.. never mind it is now 6 month older effectively.

I would not buy any Carbon for at least 2 reasons..

1. doesn't have sun-roof
  2. doesn't have leather seats
  3. ohhh... and carbon just for the sake of aesthetics and no real weight saving shouts ricer for me...

4. Price

On 9/7/2018 at 8:47 AM, Linas.P said:

One was added recently Mercury Grey Carbon DA65EBF (for some reason that is my favourite colour for Carbon, it gives just right contrast to the car, yet not in-your face ricer).

The other thing 43k miles for £36500... I think NO! Maybe at £28500 more likely (especially from private seller), I reckon his PX is something like ~25k!... well unless it is being secretly sold by Lexus Hedge End where even IS-F can be listed for £38340!

Very interesting that you pricing my car at 25k when I’ve been given a 32k part ex from Lexus for my particular rcf carbon. 

At 25k part ex price it would mean I lost 10k in 3weeks 😂 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, K2HKS said:

Very interesting that you pricing my car at 25k when I’ve been given a 32k part ex from Lexus for my particular rcf carbon. 

Ok so I was about right at 30k private sale then. You may be better off asking what Lexus will pay to take it as opposed to going down the private sale route. Good luck with the sale. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Ok so I was about right at 30k private sale then. You may be better off asking what Lexus will pay to take it as opposed to going down the private sale route. Good luck with the sale. 

32k is part ex not private sale 

35k is right for private sale especially this particular rcf carbon with the condition it’s in and the work that’s been carried out and with a  year warranty 

Aye, 32k part exchange as they want your business on another car. They would also make an offer to buy the car outright which I imagine will be 30k ish and they will then list it for 35ish. As such for a private sale you are at around 30k. It may well be in very good condition but these cars are toys for many and it has high miles compared to many. I’m not trying to be rude here just some objective thoughts.  These cars are hard to shift from dealers let alone private sales.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stuno1 said:

Aye, 32k part exchange as they want your business on another car. They would also make an offer to buy the car outright which I imagine will be 30k ish and they will then list it for 35ish. As such for a private sale you are at around 30k. It may well be in very good condition but these cars are toys for many and it has high miles compared to many. I’m not trying to be rude here just some objective thoughts.  These cars are hard to shift from dealers let alone private sales.

This car is pretty much same as buying from a dealer as it’s been fully prepped by Lexus few weeks ago only difference is I don’t offer finance. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, K2HKS said:

No offence ... I understand you feelings. Hardest car to sell is the one in good condition... Let me explain - nobody cares or trust your word for condition, everyone only ever going to look at mileage and compare it with other cars at that mileage. As such, knowing your car, might well be right pricing it above other cars, but good luck (and I mean it) finding another person who will buy car in disadvantage with given mileage.

Offering finance on niche 37k performance coupe is massive advantage. I have seen Blue RC-F being offered for £28k private sale without finance and then few weeks latter being flipped by some dealer at £32k... so it was "no-sale" for £28k private.. yet sold for £32k with finance presumably.

As for colour - I said that in the beginning, I believe it is best looking Carbon colour combo. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

No offence ... I understand you feelings. Hardest car to sell is the one in good condition... Let me explain - nobody cares or trust your word for condition, everyone only ever going to look at mileage and compare it with other cars at that mileage. As such you, knowing your car, might well be right pricing it above other cars, but good luck (and I mean it) finding another person who will buy car in disadvantage with given mileage.

On a Ford Focus millage might be everything but I personally buy on condition and these F cars a solid. 

As for price another orange one with similar millage is on for 36k at Lexus Chester. 

I’m sure for most grey is much better than orange. 

So its priced correctly for the millage and condition and the new consumables it’s got!

I think what applies to £800 Focus applies 10 times more (or to be more precise 46.25 times) on £37k performance car. As I said, best luck with it - I wish used car market would work like you described.. then my 180k miles beater IS250 might as well be worth £9k... "just based on condition and work, and consumables it's got!".

@Flytvr You know that I could not give a potato for Carbon... could stay at £69k as far as I am concerned, but I wouldn't mind some 60k miles Black RC-F with Red interior, ACC/PCS, Sunroof (oh yes) and TVD to come along at say £22k 😄 It could even have Pioneer audio.... 

@Bluethunder - and nobody asks for justification... I completely understand that selling car in condition better then one would assume based purely on mileage is always going to be challenging task. 

As above no one is asking for justification. The thread was started stating the car is over priced for a private sale based on the current market. Buying or selling makes no difference. I think Linas is correct but his valuation was a little low. 

The market will let us know soon enough weather the price is indeed correct. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

The market will let us know soon enough weather the price is indeed correct. 

^ Exactly this.

A car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

With only one Carbon Grey RC-F in the UK, if someone really wants a grey one, they'll have to pay the price.

I still have not come to a decision regarding what to do with my car, but if I come to sell it, I'll be in no rush to enter negotiations. If I can't get the price I want, I'll just keep it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Linas.P said:

No offence ... I understand you feelings. Hardest car to sell is the one in good condition... Let me explain - nobody cares or trust your word for condition, everyone only ever going to look at mileage and compare it with other cars at that mileage. As such, knowing your car, might well be right pricing it above other cars, but good luck (and I mean it) finding another person who will buy car in disadvantage with given mileage.

Offering finance on niche 37k performance coupe is massive advantage. I have seen Blue RC-F being offered for £28k private sale without finance and then few weeks latter being flipped by some dealer at £32k... so it was "no-sale" for £28k private.. yet sold for £32k with finance presumably.

As for colour - I said that in the beginning, I believe it is best looking Carbon colour combo. 

Finance at a very good rate is available on this car for private purchase through oracle finance as this car has warranty  

So really it’s same as the Lexus selling the orange one at 36k

41 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

^ Exactly this.

A car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

With only one Carbon Grey RC-F in the UK, if someone really wants a grey one, they'll have to pay the price.

I still have not come to a decision regarding what to do with my car, but if I come to sell it, I'll be in no rush to enter negotiations. If I can't get the price I want, I'll just keep it.

Didn’t we have a forum post contract of some sweets and a tiny amount of money for your car 😝

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links