Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

In the market for a SC

gareth1902

Haven't noticed a deep purple one anywhere during my search as yet. 

What are your opinions on this car? MOT history seems pretty solid. Anything I should be wary of? Seems ok 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201805016097865?model=SC 430&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&make=LEXUS&advertising-location=at_cars&sort=sponsored&page=2

Something very odd about this car it’s an early example yet it’s on a 2006 reg, the facelift model come out in late 2005 on a 55 plate, this car has been registered new July 2006, so I’m thinking it’s been reregistered and could have been overseas.

It’s also has the incorrect wheel trims as the star hubcap come out around 2003 and this one has the dustbin lid caps 🤔

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, gareth1902 said:

Haven't noticed a deep purple one anywhere during my search as yet. 

What are your opinions on this car? MOT history seems pretty solid. Anything I should be wary of? Seems ok 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201805016097865?model=SC 430&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&make=LEXUS&advertising-location=at_cars&sort=sponsored&page=2

I'm not sure how that one has an 06 number plate as it appears to be the earlier 5 speed model. I think the early spec stopped at 05, I haven't seen a 55 plate 5 speed so if that is the original registration then maybe it really is rare. Compare it to a 6 speed 06 model and you will see some of the subtle upgrades. The lights are different, wheels and tech, etc but under the skin there are other some suspension upgrades that are worth having and the 6 speed box makes quite a difference. 

3 minutes ago, Bob King said:

Something very odd about this car it’s an early example yet it’s on a 2006 reg, the facelift model come out in late 2005 on a 55 plate, this car has been registered new July 2006, so I’m thinking it’s been reregistered and could have been overseas.

It’s also has the incorrect wheel trims as the star hubcap come out around 2003 and this one has the dustbin lid caps 🤔

Lol......what he said.

• Haha 1

Thanks, I'd rather ask people who know about the various facelift and model upgrades etc rather than buy a dud. So to get the 6 speed facelifted car should I be looking at 55 plates and newer or 06 plates onwards?

1 minute ago, gareth1902 said:

Thanks, I'd rather ask people who know about the various facelift and model upgrades etc rather than buy a dud. So to get the 6 speed facelifted car should I be looking at 55 plates and newer or 06 plates onwards?

Correct ...a few pre-facelifts on a 55 plate but once you know how to identify the facelift model it gets easier 👍🏻

• Like 1

Two examples that have caught my eye this week .....

I like the rare interior colour and the very dark wood...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-LEXUS-430-SC-CONVERTIBLE/292735900654?hash=item44286b5bee:g:2vUAAOSw9iFbo5ty

Full sorted example , serviced, timing belt etc

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-Sc-430-sports-Convertible-facelift-6sp/132768931575?hash=item1ee9a51ef7:g:aJsAAOSw-ctbjpqn

On 9/28/2018 at 4:02 PM, Chris Skelton said:

Ser 1 V  Ser 2?

The front, side lights have a 'line' across them on the Ser 2

......is how I tell!

plus you can check plates on the Gov MOT site, which gives you the 'birth' date.

Yes that works 99% of the time. 🤣

For 100% authentication you need Bob. 

Hi  - i look after the property of an elderly lady whose 2005 sc430 is up for sale very soon - been on SORN for 3 years - 22k full Lexus history dark Blue  - cream interior - a few front bumper scuffs incurred just before she gave up driving - due to be MOt'd in next few weeks - situated Swansea South Wales - let me know if of interest - price will be negotiable. 

thanks!