Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tein edfc active pro review

After owning my ISF for a while now I've never really been happy with the suspension especially on long distances and cornering at speed, I was dedicated to go with the ohlins setup but after a few recommendations of teins I did a bit of research and decided to go with the flex z with edfc active pro and GPS which basically means I can control the damping rates manually on the control panel or set it up via GPS which allows whatever preferences you prefer such as stiffening up during acceleration and loosening when travelling at a slower rate.

I've ran a lot of different suspension setups in the past on various different performance vehicles but I've always considered tein to be a bit of a cheap option however on first impressions I'm blown away by the response when changing damping rates its instant, the GPS setup is amazing you can feel the car gradually tighten up as you accelerate it corners superb I'm only two days into setting it up but I'm already over the moon with how it's transformed the ride.

Had a nice three hour test drive home from fensport on Saturday using b roads all the way, was also great to meet Adrian who owns fensport a top guy with a lot of nice machinery knocking about not to mention a lot of knowledge about motors I'll definitely be using their services again.

41113236_2199514416789130_7614422539825053696_o.jpg

41244247_2199514833455755_581154271089655808_o.jpg

41359675_2199514066789165_3503822337118044160_o.jpg

41290337_2199514216789150_7236489010032410624_o.jpg

• Like 6

@Northern isf Looks interesting Wayne and the car does look great, I’ve banged on many times in the last few years about Adrian and Fensport, the response shall we say hasn’t always been receptive on the forum which is a shame.

I too have spoken with them at length a number of times and found them both knowledgeable and helpful. They list a fair few parts still for the IsF 

Adrian ran an isF himself for quite some time with a few mods and it’s been highlighted on here as well, someone on here may even her.

They do some really impressive stuff with gt86’s as well.

Big Rat

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks paul, yes I must have been there over an hour chatting about cars Im seriously thinking about getting a gt86 as a another toy to add to my list they had a nice selection there, he was on about the ISF he used to own said he was trying to evolve parts for the car but there wasn't enough interest,shame really as the stuff he was showing me that they'd developed was top notch would be interesting to see what could have been done.

• Like 1

@Northern isf Adrian is a top bloke he prepped the gt86 that the Tim Huxley the DP at Lexus Cheltenham raced, and they supply the TRD parts from japan for many of the Lexus line up.

I had a gt86 for a couple of weeks whilst mine was in for some work loved it.......

D2F5B0CA-B217-422D-B2AD-6F9D3D7FD7AC.thumb.jpeg.4d11e7a01f9c70c5f43d3bf3387497f2.jpeg

Big Rat 

• Like 2

Absolutely love it mate!

The car looks awesome and as you say, the stock suspension ain’t great. Have Tein springs on the front on mine and even they are night and day versus stock.

looking forward to seeing the car in person at the Derby dooooooo! 

:tomcat:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@NothernDan Derby just so happens me and @Warrington guy Dave we’re there last Thursday to meet up.... nice place.... before we had a blast over to Lincolnshire.

77304634-BD0B-4FF3-AC7C-5ADEA8D211FB.thumb.jpeg.5998be4d38527c38c1bf17f520d1e7b7.jpeg6925ED13-5B2E-4FA6-896E-5E42E341C233.thumb.jpeg.9deae0a1dcb02597d3a12649b41f3bf7.jpeg2F90AEE7-6B44-45E1-8585-4D11846FA701.thumb.jpeg.b03076d3af47dc38740da5b45aa5bc47.jpeg

To meet up with @Comedian 😁

Big Rat

What a fine gathering of beasts..... Nice cars too!! 😀

• Like 1

On 9/10/2018 at 3:00 PM, NothernDan said:

Absolutely love it mate!

The car looks awesome and as you say, the stock suspension ain’t great. Have Tein springs on the front on mine and even they are night and day versus stock.

looking forward to seeing the car in person at the Derby dooooooo! 

:tomcat:

Cheers mate yes I'm looking forward to it, should have fathomed out the perfect settings by then.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

On 05/02/2021 at 7:16 PM, RichGS11 said:

Holy thread revival I know....

...but how did these hold up over the years? Is the OP still around?

Yep still here and still going strong. the cars only used when the salts off the roads though so id expect that to make a good difference. 

10 hours ago, Northern isf said:

Yep still here and still going strong. the cars only used when the salts off the roads though so id expect that to make a good difference. 

Very similar to how I use my car. I'm glad to see they've held up well. There's conflicting feedback about Tein so glad to see a positive application on the ISF.

Thank you.

10 hours ago, Northern isf said:

Also, one more quick question, is your front bumper smoothed and painted where the old front plate mount was?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, RichGS11 said:

Also, one more quick question, is your front bumper smoothed and painted where the old front plate mount was?

Thanks.

Ive always uaed bilstein on my cars in the past and these are better for me because the ride can be adjusted so much its hugely noticeable and instant with the in car control, id 100 percent recommend them. Think ive put around 4000 miles on them a few month ago i had the car up on ramps with wheels off to give it a steam clean they still looked brand new. 

Yep plastic welded a piece of the same grade abs into the holes and smoothed over, im actually thinking of spraying it in the summer but with a very  light blue coating the same as the f logo blue pearl over the white. 

7 hours ago, Northern isf said:

Ive always uaed bilstein on my cars in the past and these are better for me because the ride can be adjusted so much its hugely noticeable and instant with the in car control, id 100 percent recommend them. Think ive put around 4000 miles on them a few month ago i had the car up on ramps with wheels off to give it a steam clean they still looked brand new. 

Yep plastic welded a piece of the same grade abs into the holes and smoothed over, im actually thinking of spraying it in the summer but with a very  light blue coating the same as the f logo blue pearl over the white. 

Clever stuff man. 

I need to do the same.