Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More than average brake dust?

MVrod

Hello all ,

Just a quick observation my IS250 like to get it's wheels covered in brake dust but for some reason the fronts which I suspect do the lions share of the braking gather less dust than the rear wheels is this something anyone else has come across? 

None of the brakes are sticking or binding they are just very dusty.

He's saying the front gather less dust.

I've never seen that myself on any vehicle I've owned

58 minutes ago, MVrod said:

but for some reason the fronts which I suspect do the lions share of the braking gather less dust than the rear wheels is this something anyone else has come across? 

I'm calling Occam's Razor on this one.

No one can defeat the laws of physics and the fronts will always do the lions share of braking, so it can only be a different brand or grade of pads in the front that give off less dust than those at the rear.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok problem found due to rapid wear of rear pads right side yes it was the caliper sticking and wearing the pads out faster. I fitted new pads and checked caliper the piston had come out almost fully and the pads had gone metal to metal on one side this was very quick as I had checked the pads a few weeks before . I suspect the piston had come out to the point that it could  not return properly . 

There was no indication until the pads scraped noisily on the disc possibly due to 208bhp and autobox. 

Added bonus is the mpg has gone to around 30mph urban.