Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I had a 1994 Lexus GS300 MK1 for almost 10 years until it was written off in 2014. I had bought it with an average annual mileage of approx 5000 pa, and did about the same during the 10 years I had it.

Having been spoilt due to the condition and reliability of the car I found it impossible at the time to find a replacement within the limit I could spend (we're retired and very poor).

Having now had 4 years of other cars I am pining for a lexus again. I have seen a few, not many, advertised that fit the bill (2005 variants within my budget and an acceptable mileage) that look like they are worth considering, unfortunately they are all miles away from where I live which makes it difficult to view them.

Due to my 10 year almost faultless experience with my previous car I have a slightly rose coloured view and sometimes think it may be worth a punt just buying one off page - but then I reconsider and think 'buyer beware'.

So, have any of you guys any comments/views/ suggestions how I could proceed.

I would say go for it. We have a 2001 GS430 which I bought after buying a ('98 iirc) 300 as a runaround whilst my G wagon was being fettled. I liked the 300 so much I thought I'd try the V8 version. A good few years later we still have it, a cracking car. 

• Like 1

I had an Rx300, whilst I liked it very much, at the same time I had a 1998 SL60AMG which seemed to make everything else slow. So I sold the Rx. Next car will probably be another Rx, but a 450h this time. Wouldn’t go near a Merc these days even though I used to be a real fan boy. Mercedes are no longer in the business of making quality cars, they just make money.