Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How many ‘F’ cars can you get on a Ferry !

I know it’s not in the UK but looks impressive all the same, that isn’t an Orange Carbon with a sunroof is it ?

Must be an Orange car with a wrap as I didn’t think you could fit one to the carbon roof.

Big Rat

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

With all those modified cars - be a shame if the ferry sank! :whistling:

My first thought - and what if it sinks?!! At work we have a rule that business critical people must never travel together - I think Lexus fan club must be more considerate and avoid putting entire country's supply on single ship!

6 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

My first thought - and what if it sinks?!! At work we have a rule that business critical people must never travel together - I think Lexus fan club must be more considerate and avoid putting entire country's supply on single ship!

Or a rule putting all chavvie examples on the same boat - a ropey one

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Linas.P said:

But then you must ensure all chavs will go down with it, otherwise they would simply snap good examples and "chav-them-up" afterwards ...

We need a planning meeting!!!

9 hours ago, Martin F said:

And the difference is ? 

The difference is that the car is as it was designed.

Each to their own. Some love modified cars - some dislike them. I'm firmly in the 'dislike' boat. At the end of the day, I'm not a car designer, but like I said, each to their own.

19 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

The difference is that the car is as it was designed.

So if somebody buys the non-carbon version and then decides to fit an aftermarket carbon spoiler or bonnet, which in some cases (admittedly not all) are as good if not better than OEM then what is the difference to one which shipped from the factory like that?

I absolutely agre each to their own and there are more badly (IMO) modified cars out there than good ones, but some viewpoints are hard to fathom. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Northern isf said:

Ok I'm not slating your car I actually really like it, wouldn't you agree that lexus "modified" the RCF to become the carbon edition.

Morning Wayne - not for a second thinking you are slating my car 👍

Some professional designers at Lexus created the Lexus RC-F Carbon edition. 

I don't see this is comparable to somebody outside of Lexus modifying a car with after market parts.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Martin F said:

So if somebody buys the non-carbon version and then decides to fit an aftermarket carbon spoiler or bonnet, which in some cases (admittedly not all) are as good if not better than OEM then what is the difference to one which shipped from the factory like that?

I absolutely agre each to their own and there are more badly (IMO) modified cars out there than good ones, but some viewpoints are hard to fathom. 

I have seen lots of carbon after market parts. None I have seen come anywhere near the quality of the cf that comes out of Lexus. It really is a work of art to look at. Also, lets not forget the LFA dna.

For me, I see the Lexus F product as a work of art. After all, F products are designed by very talented artists and designers. So why would I want to go and mess around with a car's aesthetics. I wouldn't buy a painting and then draw graffiti over it!

You are right, there are some horrendous modifications made to cars. Sadly such mods are now getting applied to RC-Fs. I feel some owners buy the wrong car in the first place and then attempt to change the car into something else in a vague hope of achieving satisfaction. 

I will re-iterate - each to their own