Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel Tank Capacity

Beduffshirl

Filled my new CT for the second time yesterday with the following stats.

1 bar left on the fuel gauge (out of ten)

400 miles since last fill

Reporting an MPG of approx 52

To fill it I put in 35.5 litres. What's the capacity of the Fuel Tank? I thought it was 45 litres. If so there is no way there should be approx ten litres left in or space for that much more?

1 hour ago, Beduffshirl said:

Filled my new CT for the second time yesterday with the following stats.

1 bar left on the fuel gauge (out of ten)

400 miles since last fill

Reporting an MPG of approx 52

To fill it I put in 35.5 litres. What's the capacity of the Fuel Tank? I thought it was 45 litres. If so there is no way there should be approx ten litres left in or space for that much more?

According to your own figures that would be correct. 
you used 35.5 ltrs (7.8 gallons). 7.8 X 52= 405 miles so you should have just under 10 ltrs still in the tank. 
The last bar flashes when you are down to reserve level, and that is approx 2 gallons (9ltrs) giving a tank range of 500 miles.

John.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 9/12/2018 at 1:39 PM, Beduffshirl said:

Ten Bars on the gauge so it's only approx 50 miles per bar - would that explain it?

Thanks for this as I have just got my CT200H and was wondering how much fuel per square was. Not a fan of a digital gauge! 

John would say: Look in the manual!

My manual tell me that there is 45L capacity.

Ran till when it told me 0km was left and had another 10km before I found a gas station. 35 L was all that could go in so reserve after 0km must be about 10L unless the manual is not correct. I believe it is.

So 35L is what you can use before you need to tank again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2018 at 6:58 AM, colin79666 said:

CT has a big reserve.  Some reports say it is to protect the fuel pump. Most I ever got in was 35 litres and that was after driving 10 miles after the range estimate dropped to zero. 

Can agree with that, filled up my second tank this time from empty and was 34 litres and cost £43 ish and showed I had a range of 430 miles. Mind I did 50 miles and the first square disappeared. 

13 minutes ago, joelfigueira said:

Can agree with that, filled up my second tank this time from empty and was 34 litres and cost £43 ish and showed I had a range of 430 miles. Mind I did 50 miles and the first square disappeared. 

We have maybe so many hills and mountains so consume is higher than in UK, but we pay only 1.1€ each L for Super 98. Yesterday I saw  petrol station with about 50 cars waiting to fill up and they were patiently waiting. 0.89€ per L. No super only regular 95 octane. Diesel was even cheaper.

Don,t ever worry going past the empty mark on the fuel gauge.I did 25 miles past this once just as a test and still had no problems.I didn,t want to take it much further though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2021 at 2:40 AM, stormchaser said:

Don,t ever worry going past the empty mark on the fuel gauge.I did 25 miles past this once just as a test and still had no problems.I didn,t want to take it much further though

Over the last 2yrs of ownership with the CT, knowing the 10 litre reserve is there, I've done some " fuel stretching" testing too!

At 380 miles in, the yellow fuel light came on. At 450 miles I filled up with normal Shell Fuelsave petrol this morning, so stretched to 70 miles on reserve!

Stats: 40.73litres / 8.959gallons 450 miles / 50.22mpg

Chuffed with that but probably won't stretch the reserve anymore! 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links