Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RCF Anniversary Edition at Cheltenham

2 hours ago, Tfp said:

Has it got a sunroof?

I thought it carbon roof - similar to US spec. where it has carbon boot spoiler and roof, but not the bonnet. And the seats are leather and not made from recycled tesco bags, which is very nice as well.... Still sunroof or glass roof would be better.

3 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

The matte paint is a bit of a shocker as is the interior colour. Looks to still have chrome accents? Can’t see this selling well! Love the wheels though. 

Yeh - I’m not a fan. Probably suit those with bling tastes!

24 minutes ago, JonP said:

I saw one alongside a similarly styled LC not so long ago. Must admit to rather liking the paintwork/styling. Not too overdone but definitely different. 

It's the interior that worries me 😵

2 hours ago, Mark G said:

Max(Sales Executive) at Cheltenham rang me yesterday about the car, with the numbers being so low on these I think they will be snapped up pretty quickly.

And... I kind of doubt. With so many nearly new RC-F's with £20k discounts I don't see anyone spending full £69995 on RC-F... Surely, getting nearly new LC500 would be better option, than "special edition" RC-F. The only difference from Special edition and normal is that at first few year it will depreciate significantly more... Yes probably in 50 Years time it will appreciate more, but before that there will be 100s of opportunities to snap these cars at massive discount - so certainly not ultimate collectors item like LFA either.

2 hours ago, Mark G said:

Max(Sales Executive) at Cheltenham rang me yesterday about the car, with the numbers being so low on these I think they will be snapped up pretty quickly.

I hope so but I would be unsurprised to see unsold models in a years time. The car is already hard to sell. Many won’t like matte paint due to maintenance and the blue interior will put off many. 

OK, what I am saying is this, there are 10 of these cars, forget how the "normal" cars depreciate, if you have a lot of spare income then it could be a car to buy and store, it makes no difference how good it is or how the others depreciate, it is rare, there are 10, its like any other rare item, people buy them because they are rare not because of how good they are, look at how certain things, be it cars, watches or whatever, if it is rare then it has the potential to be an investment, in my opinion the colour, interior and how the others models depreciate will have no bearing on this model...………….All In my opinion of course.

• Like 2

@Flytvr / @mrfunex - not sure what are you on about... both of you. What linen? 

My issues with RC-F carbon are that carbon is one the car just for looks, it doesn't really save any weight, car is not otherwise lightened or stripped out... so for me it is a bit ricer. Like I don't see much of the difference between just having carbon wrap on standard RC-F... So to put it simply - I am not against carbon parts or bonnet specifically... I am against ricey looks without any real advantage.

Secondly, I have much more issue with Carbon roof, because sunroof was not available due to carbon roof panel... understandable.. yet unacceptable. 

Edit: @mrfunex - do you mean transportation wrap in the first picture? 

33 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

not sure what are you on about... both of you. What linen? 

you could just lighten up a bit. No need to go into your Carbon weight, no sunroof, rant at every opportunity.

What linen - have you looked at the opening picture in this thread?

I guess something's being lost in translation here :wink3: or should have gone to specsavers

That said I'm horrified to read that recycled Tesco carrier bags are being used instead of leather....thats awful, I mean really. 

Why not Waitrose :wink:

@doog442 In Carbon you mean... Yes... Alcantara is considered "sustainable" alternative to leather, because it is polyester and can be made from recycled plastics... at least it is "green". Not saying RC-F seats are made from tesco bags, but theoretically they can be made form them.. 

@ColinBarber - you as well... Who said I am serious about it? By the way I said I like anniversary edition, just that I don't feel it will be very easy to sell or that they will be "grabbed in seconds". As for more general Carbon vs. non-carbon discussion.. I believe carbon is great car and I would like to have one, but when it comes to paying my own money I would rather have non-carbon as it is not only cheaper, but from my perspective in every imaginable way better. Nobrainer really.. 

8 hours ago, JonP said:

Hmm, everyone seems to hate it. I guess that means in a years time I can pick up a bargain 😀

Apparently a very well known member on here is considering buying it..........

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links