Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RCF Anniversary Edition at Cheltenham

2 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Me? I never mess around.... 😄 

I am being a little bit of devils advocate here, but completely honestly I think RC-F Metal is superior car to RC-F Carbon (from my subjective view). That doesn't mean Carbon is not great car and that I don't like it (except of certain elements - alcantara, no-sunroof), nor that I would not want one or not have one, but I would be expect to pay less for Carbon (gain to compensate for attributes I don't like)... obviously in reality is opposite.

Please go buy the standard RC-F..... please just go do it. AND, do it fast while there are some original ones out there!

Is he not waiting for the RC 350 ? 

The problem with that is ze Germans will stamp all over it and we could argue all day / night /week / month / year about it getting done by a 4 cylinder turbo...😉

• Like 1

Not really, I just know it is not going to happen, but I am not prepared (morally) to pay for RC-F - at current prices have no justification for it, whereas I would have for RC350. So in essence I am "subconsciously" waiting until I can get RC-F for RC350 money.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Not really, I just know it is not going to happen, but I am not prepared (morally) to pay for RC-F - at current prices have no justification for it, whereas I would have for RC350. So in essence I am "subconsciously" waiting until I can get RC-F for RC350 money.  

Fair old wait then chap! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Comedian said:

I think they were quite keen to utilise all that investment in the in house carbon weaving factory they installed for the LFA.

Does the LC500 use any?

Yeah, the LC, both 500 and 500h, with sport or sport+ configurations have a carbon roof. Sport+ also has carbon scuff plates.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

If it was sold in the UK probably £45k to £50k so you can already purchase an RC F for RC350 money.

I am not talking about new-for-new prices... I would pay ~£20-25k for ~2016 RC350 with fair bit of miles and right options. RC-F is not that far off, but still more like ~30-35k. So maybe in 1,5-2 years it will will get to my price range.

23 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I am not talking about new-for-new prices... I would pay ~£20-25k for ~2016 RC350 with fair bit of miles and right options. RC-F is not that far off, but still more like ~30-35k. So maybe in 1,5-2 years it will will get to my price range.

Can’t see the rcf being 20-25k in 2 years. The isf prices will start to keep it up I think. As they get to 30k ish good examples will have glacial depreciation. 

19 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Can’t see the rcf being 20-25k in 2 years. The isf prices will start to keep it up I think. As they get to 30k ish good examples will have glacial depreciation. 

Depends what you consider "good" examples... and they already seen prices as low as 27.5k (probably less for actual sale), I am pretty sure they hit 25k by mid next year... I do think they won't fall below 20k very soon (~5years). Something like £22-23k I think is possible by the end of next year. Call that wishful thinking if you like... 

It's all crystal ball. I thought IS-F prices would drop below £10k this year. I was wrong!

Looking at Autotrader, it looks like F cars are holding their value better than their M equivalents,

RCF - 34k   V   M4 - £28k

IS-F - £16k  V M3 £13k

You could argue that it is more difficult to sell an F car due to the fact there are less buyers, but you could also argue it's more difficult to sell an M car because there are so many on the market. Currently, on AT, 397 x M3s and 470 x M4s.

The isf values will definitely prop up the rcf. The prices @Linas.P you are talking about must have been for higher than average mile cars. I bought my isf for 18k and sold it 2 years later for 18k. 

If 2010 isf’s are still being listed for 23k I can’t see the prices you are taking about for the rcf coming about in the time frames you are hoping. Depreciation at these prices really are glacial as people realise just how much car can be had for the money. You may get lucky and pick up a high mile example but that would be it.

Time will tell I guess. 

47 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

The isf values will definitely prop up the rcf. The prices @Linas.P you are talking about must have been for higher than average mile cars. I bought my isf for 18k and sold it 2 years later for 18k. 

The ISF values are definitely firming up and possibly even rising slightly. This time last year there were a few high mileage ones as low as 13k. 

I sold mine for only £500 less than what I paid for it after owning it almost 2 years.   

• Like 1

Well.. then I guess I am looking for higher then average miles car... Being Lexus I don't see that being a problem as long as it has service history and is not cat-C. Completely agree that all the price guessing is complete magic and it is complete guess. I think it is as well quite a bit of personal circumstances thing - buyer very keen to buy will buy higher, seller very keen to sells sell lower... I am not rushing to buy at all, so I can wait for somebody in need to sell. As we seen with example of nice Grey Carbon - seller was not rushing to sell either, so was confident with high price.

As for IS-F prices firming-up, obviously that is combination of things... just to name the few - older, higher miles HP cars tends to be unreliable - not IS-F, that is obvious benefit. Secondly, IS-F is hell of a lot of car car for the money... and for them being so rare demand actually meets or now even exceeds the supply. Not because of people really liking IS-F or need as much power, but for share value of what you get. I can see some dodgy car maybe coming in at ~£8k, but that would be rather exception not a trend.. and overall, I don't see IS-F in drivable state ever dropping below ~£8k... In short.. that is it - they are at the bottom of their value give or take few pounds - obviously they will be firming-up. That is certainly the case for 2008 ~100k miles cars, not the case for later cars with lower miles, which in comparison with cheaper early IS-F's looks identical on paper and are now under big pressure to discount.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links