Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Change odometer from miles to kilometers

That sounds like a total fob off. If they are unwilling to endorse changes, why would they have that as an end user configurable item. Its like saying dont change your radio from am to fm. With regard to the different combination meters, why would one car being sold in the uk be capable of metric while the other can be half changed. Give them another nudge or is there anyone else you can ask.

On 9/24/2018 at 9:14 PM, BarnsEire said:

That sounds like a total fob off. If they are unwilling to endorse changes, why would they have that as an end user configurable item. Its like saying dont change your radio from am to fm. With regard to the different combination meters, why would one car being sold in the uk be capable of metric while the other can be half changed. Give them another nudge or is there anyone else you can ask.

Thanks for your comment. I've a service booked for 10th of October and I'll check this again with the Lexus. Additionally I'll ring Lexus Tech support in the UK to see if they can come up with a solution.

I would say that the solution would be something like reprogramming the cluster, but Lexus should be equipped to do this...

12 hours ago, BrunoLeal said:

I would say that the solution would be something like reprogramming the cluster, but Lexus should be equipped to do this...

If it isn't a documented workshop procedure then a dealer will not be able to do it and Lexus in the UK are just a marketing department. If the factory cluster isn't switchable then I fear Lexus will not be able to help you. Let's hope I'm wrong.

12 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

If it isn't a documented workshop procedure then a dealer will not be able to do it and Lexus in the UK are just a marketing department. If the factory cluster isn't switchable then I fear Lexus will not be able to help you. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Unfortunately I'm so disappointed with Lexus dealer that I'm almost sure they will not be able to help and I'll have to keep my car with odometer in miles...

Perhaps the better way to get this sorted is to have them acknowledge this is a fault or bug.

It doesn't really make sense that you can switch everything to KM except for the odometer. Especially as others do switch over fine.

At the moment you're asking for a favour (and quite a big and expensive one), and they've fobbed you off with "that's the way it is." Whereas if you frame it as a fault (is there a health and safety spin you can put on it, that seems to help provoke action?) then they are putting something right that should have been right on day one.

On 10/2/2018 at 10:11 AM, matt8 said:

Perhaps the better way to get this sorted is to have them acknowledge this is a fault or bug.

It doesn't really make sense that you can switch everything to KM except for the odometer. Especially as others do switch over fine.

At the moment you're asking for a favour (and quite a big and expensive one), and they've fobbed you off with "that's the way it is." Whereas if you frame it as a fault (is there a health and safety spin you can put on it, that seems to help provoke action?) then they are putting something right that should have been right on day one.

It will not be easy to identify any health and safety issue to the fact that the odometer is in miles...unfortunately...

Can you post a picture of it as it it. Just interested to see the clocks which I assume is showing KM near the odometer milage?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, ianhu said:

Can you post a picture of it as it it. Just interested to see the clocks which I assume is showing KM near the odometer milage?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

2014_Lexus_IS300H_km.png.c25c79736f15997746b23200ba8cc97f.png

Lexus in Ireland just recommended a shop that might be able to help. Here, the main dealer doesn't even know or have the means to program clusters when they need to be changed in cars so they send it to this shop. Let's see how it goes.

Additionally, funny thing is that today I tried the Techstream to connect to IS300h and the info of my car in Techstream appears in Kms 🙂:

image.png.99cabcc2b36b3074a57ab767d52ad7b5.png

Unfortunately it's quite limited as I can't see any options under Unit conversion... 😞

• 3 years later...

I know this an old thread, I have just purchase a 2014 IS 300h, not F Sport. Have tried every thing but no luck getting speedo converted to KM as default.

What was the address of the shop mentioned in last post

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links