Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus servicing - wheel alignment

ColinBarber

One of the justifications for the extreme servicing costs on Lexus vehicles in the UK is all major services include "4-wheel alignment check - extra charge for adjustment".

Has anybody actually experienced their dealer performing this check as part of their standard service? I'm never given an alignment results output and I'd certainly expect a phone call for them wanting to make an adjustment so they can charge a bit extra.

I'm really not sure all dealers are performing this work.

Last year I had 80k miles major service - no word about wheel alignment or any results of such check being performed. To be honest strange - I should have requested the results of it as it is quite beneficial to know. In other had I knew that wheels were aligned few months ago so .... maybe they checked found them fine and did not advise i.e. maybe they only advise, provide print-outs when they find wheels being out of alignment?  

Ok... so it is just a matter of requesting then..  this year I am going to have minor 90k and going to say - "because you haven't done it last year with full service, can yu please do it with minor service now" 😄 

I would be very unhappy if it were just the tyres that were inspected for uneven ware as being a wheel alignment check.
The dealer has no way of knowing if tyres have been changed for new, winter to summer, or many other reasons before going in for service. If the tracking was out, and you have had new tyres fitted they would not last long. The leased I would expect is a print out of current alignment.

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links