Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

driven around the clunking bend

Hi guys, 

so I have had this clunking from the front end when I am turning it just past the mot and all joints were good control bushes good although he did say that the droplinks were not to good so i changed those I have one option left i think and thats the steering rack bushes has anyone had and problems with these and if so how did it sound.

thanks again in advance guys

John

yup..... I do always clean those with emery cloth when i change them.

Tbh it might be time to scrap the car and get something a little less abused and less banana ish.

Not that I have not done enough to this car new stainless exhaust, engine gearbox and diff mounts(fitted in the depths of winter outside), new to me diff, aircon rad thingy, alternator twice, only had the car a year and the list goes on but when do you stop.

Maybe its a disorder 

• 1 month later...

See you've made a decision.  Did you buy the car from "the legend" out of interest? 

Its cost you a lot of money.  Did you resolve the clunk and what failed at Sainsburys? Alternator twice? dear me. Annoying!

Just curious as after such expense seems a shame, but I can understand your feelings.

I'm afraid I bought it while i was in a rush so didnt really look at the car at all... my bad I mean the guy was a.... ummm oh i can't swear on here can I.

The rear shocks are down and its looking like a low rider also now sporting two small dents suspiciously  the size of my knuckles in the rear quarter.

Anyways it is a shame to scrap it it has been ok and has a LPG kit on it but high mileage a band former owner maintenance left me with a list as long as my arm to fix let alone the things that keep cropping up, I am going to rip the front seats out to make a couple of gaming chairs then cal the scrappys on Monday as I now need the space, It still runs.

The faster it goes the better as I keep having flights of fancy finding myself on eBay looking at bits to fix it,  kinda wake up to what i'm doing and turn the computer off before I make a huge mistake 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links