Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

CT200H Fuse Box SPARES

BeauBelle

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering regarding the engine compartment fuse box spare slots. they are labelled on my manual as 40, 41, and 42 SPARES with ampere ratings of 30A, 10A and 7.5A. I would like to know if these are live and if they can be used safely for adding additional 12V equipment maybe through using a fuse tap line? Also, where are the relays on the CT200H such as the horn relay? It's just a little weird that it isn't in the fuse box like other cars I've owned.

Thanks a lot!

I think it may mean that they are literally spare fuses, not necessarily spare slots that are available to be used for circuits. Pull the fuses out from 40, 41 and 42 and you may even see that there are no metal contacts for the fuses to push into and they are just 'place holders' to leave spare fuses in.

When you look at a fusebox you see the top end. The wires that feed the fuses come in and out from underneath, at the bottom end, so if there were spare wires, where would they go to and how would you access them?

I think the only way is to utilise a piggyback fuse tap.

Oh, and if you're going to do any electrical work then a multimeter is essential. You can get a cheap and cheerful one for under £10 if necessary but even really decent ones can be had for about £30.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Herbie said:

I think it may mean that they are literally spare fuses, not necessarily spare slots that are available to be used for circuits. Pull the fuses out from 40, 41 and 42 and you may even see that there are no metal contacts for the fuses to push into and they are just 'place holders' to leave spare fuses in.

When you look at a fusebox you see the top end. The wires that feed the fuses come in and out from underneath, at the bottom end, so if there were spare wires, where would they go to and how would you access them?

I think the only way is to utilise a piggyback fuse tap.

Oh, and if you're going to do any electrical work then a multimeter is essential. You can get a cheap and cheerful one for under £10 if necessary but even really decent ones can be had for about £30.

That's great information. Thanks a lot. I just got a bit confused as there was also a a fuse labelled 'no circuit' so I thought they were different. I would utilise piggyback fuse tap, but the current requirement might be high for the equipment I want to install so it may not be an option as I do not want to overload the existing circuits.

I definitely have one, just brainstorming for my options and seeing what other people have already checked out as options regarding wiring. Thank you very much for your input! Helped me out great.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, stormchaser said:

Also one more fusebox behind the glovebox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

I am aware of this, however, I didn't see much use of trying to tap/use a 'spare' fuse slot here if I was going to install a device in the engine bay. 

I still find it weird that the relays aren't in either fuse boxes though. Where could they be? Couldn't find anything about them in the manual either, but I do find part numbers on google for 'lexus car horn relay', for example.

Worse comes to worst, I may just have to have a wire straight from the Battery at the back, with an inline fuse. Painful, but sure, I don't see any other option.

Thanks guys!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links