Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISF replacement added to the list...

3 minutes ago, Bluethunder said:

Those Alfa Giulia Quadrixxxxxx... could be a good option in a years time. The cheapest one on AT is £43K for a '17 year car that must have cost well over 60k new.

Very true, but they also don't hold value very well due to reliability concerns - which in the case of the Giulia Quadrifolio are entirely true!

On 9/13/2018 at 11:14 AM, FTBBCVoodoo said:

Just spent an hour driving this around.

It is my mates courtesy car while his ISF bumper gets resprayed.

I take back everything I say about BMW and get why @Warrington guy made the change.

I need one.  Now.

Absolute weapon and the noise....  Oh the noise 🙂

IMG_20180913_110453.jpg

I'd agree that they are probably very well engineered and very capable, but I don't think in the 'real world ' that makes much difference. On public roads would am M be any better than 20d, unless you drive like a tool endangering others, so you'd have to go to a track to make any use of either. I sound like my dad!

But also, it's that things like the M's and AMG's say more about the owner than the car itself. 

Each to their own of course, with complete respect, but I'd rather keep my license and get let out of side roads. 

However I prefer the newer BMW's to previous gens, the design is getting better. 

Very true, but they also don't hold value very well due to reliability concerns - which in the case of the Giulia Quadrifolio are entirely true!
Haven't read of any serious issues. What have I missed?

Was talking to ratty about them them the other day. Bespoke tyres and lack of servicing centres are a concern.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

On 9/13/2018 at 11:14 AM, FTBBCVoodoo said:

Just spent an hour driving this around.

It is my mates courtesy car while his ISF bumper gets resprayed.

I take back everything I say about BMW and get why @Warrington guy made the change.

I need one.  Now.

Absolute weapon and the noise....  Oh the noise 🙂

IMG_20180913_110453.jpg

You must be smoking some good stuff if you think it sounds better than any F car lol.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rayaans said:

You must be smoking some good stuff if you think it sounds better than any F car lol.

Well that's a matter of opinion. If a smooth high revving V8 is your thing, then an F car is for you. However, the straight six in BMWs has a massive following.

• Like 1

Just now, Comedian said:

Was talking to ratty about them them the other day. Bespoke tyres and lack of servicing centres are a concern.

They have a lot of electrical problems. I bumped into an owner in York. He's had his 6 months but only spent 3 months driving it around. Issues with the alarm not turning off, some noises coming from the steering and decided to lose all of its coolant. 

Said he loved the car when it was working right and so far after he's had it back, its been flawless but the potential of something else going wrong is always there so said he would get rid after warranty ended

4 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Perception at this point but that’s enough. They will rank heavily in money for the first 5 years. They look, sound and appear to drive very well but people will be taking serious financial losses in them. 

1 minute ago, Flytvr said:

Well that's a matter of opinion. If a smooth high revving V8 is your thing, then an F car is for you. However, the straight six in BMWs has a massive following.

I was referring to the sound - they don't sound good at all. An M2 sounds better than the M4's - worth having a go if you get chance

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

I was referring to the sound - they don't sound good at all. An M2 sounds better than the M4's - worth having a go if you get chance

This has the same M Performance exhaust as the M2 with an M Performance exhaust.  They sound exactly the same to me.

Dont get me wrong.  I love my V8 but it's nice to have a change now and then.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Not really.  I like Bruce Springsteen and I can't stand Bob Dylan.  Some people are the opposite.  Some like both.  Some like neither.

I never said it sounded better than an F.  I love noise of both.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

E46 M3

Stunning noise.  Especially in CSL form 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

Only driven an M4 at a palmer sport day but that sounded nice. Having said that, there was a new M3 at work the other day just driving about the car park - sounded like a bag of nails.

I've always thought M3s (from the outside) sound like a bag of nails - not in a bad way, more in a race engine way (if you know what I mean).

• Like 1

They have a lot of electrical problems. I bumped into an owner in York. He's had his 6 months but only spent 3 months driving it around. Issues with the alarm not turning off, some noises coming from the steering and decided to lose all of its coolant. 
Said he loved the car when it was working right and so far after he's had it back, its been flawless but the potential of something else going wrong is always there so said he would get rid after warranty ended
That's a good case study. But is it widespread?

Still an opinion. One that many may agree with, but that just makes it a widely held opinion.

2 hours ago, rayaans said:

said he would get rid after warranty ended

I've heard exactly this from other M4 owners.

I'd never run an AMG / M Car without a warranty.

Having said that, I'd never run an F car without a warranty.

• Like 1

The only time in my whole life I have claimed on a cars warranty is with the F. It was for the BBS wheels though rather than a lexus issue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2018 at 1:37 PM, Comedian said:

That's a good case study. But is it widespread?

https://jalopnik.com/car-and-drivers-first-five-months-with-the-alfa-romeo-g-1829310868

Not good when a car on loan to a magazine has issues...it’s weird how a reputation can be institutionalised and despite every effort the resulting products just embody their history - good and bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

Thanks for that. I didn't even know that car existed. Interesting.

Mercedes seem to be out in front in many ways. Interior looks amazing.

When Toyota developed the Prius they patented loads and loads of items for Hybrid drives - over 2000 components I think. 

I wonder if the Germans are using any of it or if it's totally different?

18 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Thanks for that. I didn't even know that car existed. Interesting.

Mercedes seem to be out in front in many ways. Interior looks amazing.

Exterior looks good, interior (still) looks too bling for my tastes ...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links