Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front shock for GS450h 2008

Andy lexus

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a Front drivers side shock for my GS450h. I am getting some mad crazy prices for it. Anyone know where i can track down some reasonable priced one. I am based in the West of Ireland.

Many thanks for any help on this matter.

There are no alternative shocks for the GS450H. The only way I know of to reduce the cost is to fit the shocks for the GS300, and that means loosing the adjust ability. It does however reduce the cost to circa £75 each.

John.

4 hours ago, Britprius said:

There are no alternative shocks for the GS450H. The only way I know of to reduce the cost is to fit the shocks for the GS300, and that means loosing the adjust ability. It does however reduce the cost to circa £75 each.

John.

But will they be up to the job? Genuine question as I don't know. I know the 450h shares the same front suspension as the 430/460, which is more 'beefed up' than the 300, so if the 300 uses different shocks it must be for a reason.

6 hours ago, Leigh2000 said:

I had the same problems. I eventually got one from here- 

https://www.nipponautospares.com/

I paid £230. They’re on eBay. 

That's what I paid recently for one a Lexus Carlisle (excluding fitting).

12 minutes ago, Chris111 said:

But will they be up to the job? Genuine question as I don't know. I know the 450h shares the same front suspension as the 430/460, which is more 'beefed up' than the 300, so if the 300 uses different shocks it must be for a reason.

That's what I paid recently for one a Lexus Carlisle (excluding fitting).

The GS300 uses a V6 engine of similar weight, and all the other suspension components are the same. As I said the thing you loose is the sport setting of the adjustable units.

The only reason I suggested this is because for those on a tight budget you can replace all 4 for close to the price of one adjustable unit.
Fitting is a DIY job not requiring a spring compressor.

John. 

• 1 year later...
On 9/16/2018 at 5:18 PM, Britprius said:

The GS300 uses a V6 engine of similar weight, and all the other suspension components are the same. As I said the thing you loose is the sport setting of the adjustable units.

The only reason I suggested this is because for those on a tight budget you can replace all 4 for close to the price of one adjustable unit.
Fitting is a DIY job not requiring a spring compressor.

John. 

Revive of old thread, my GS450h front shocks are leaking and I can feel the boat effect when stopping  .....

Dealer want fix price replacment £795 for both which in relate to the price of the car is not economical. I never touch the suspension button in the year of ownership so fitting GS300 shocks seems to be the way to go for me, unless the leaking shocks can be refurbished then that will be the best option

Benson, do you know how many miles the dampers have covered?

Check LexusPartsDirect as they have the units listed cheaper than many other outlets.

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/category/lexus-gs/lexus-gs-phase-iii-2005-2012/lexus-gs-3-steering-suspension/

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Cheers, Lee