Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How many LS600 are there in the UK?

I've been enjoying driving around in my new (to me) LS600h. I guess I've done a couple of thousand miles already with trips to Swansea, Cornwall and numerous runs up and down from south Cheshire to Manchester and Stockport. I've yet to see another one on the road!

I quite like this rarity and it has become a bit of a running joke with my kids, who enquire (often with a touch of sarcasm it has to be said) about the latest updates on the LS600h hunt. But it got me thinking too. I've seen a couple of LS400s over the same time period, but how many LS600 are there and how often do you see one in your travels?

Interesting figures indeed. Thanks. 

So, in your daily experiences driving around, do you ever spot another one? As mentioned, I've not seen another one on the road yet and I've been in mine for about a month.

2 hours ago, jpjsavage said:

Interesting figures indeed. Thanks. 

So, in your daily experiences driving around, do you ever spot another one? As mentioned, I've not seen another one on the road yet and I've been in mine for about a month.

You will not see any JP while you are working in the beck seat of your car !

Maybe seen 1 or 2 here in Norfolk, but Lexus seems rare here in general.
I must admit I like the rarity angle. My wife has a Qashqai and it is probably not an exaggeration to say that we see around 10 every time we make the short trip (2 miles or so) into the town centre. No danger of that with an LS!

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Farqui said:

This shows counts of registered LS600's in the UK; https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=✓&q=lexus+ls600&commit=Search

That's an interesting site, for some time I have been trying to get definitive information as to if my car is the only LS460 AWD. Looking it up it seems to stack up, the last 460's came in in 09 and it is only showing 1 throughout the report.

IMG_1973.PNG

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lexus707 said:

That's an interesting site, for some time I have been trying to get definitive information as to if my car is the only LS460 AWD.

Wow, thought they only did AWD on the left hooker versions! 

Ive had my Ls600hL rsr for over 4yrs and im a long distance lorry driver and seen only 1 other LS600h (poverty spec 😂😂😂) in scarborough

But do know 2 owners of my spec LS in stonehaven area aberdeenshire and other oldham area

• Like 1

Only ever seen two LS600 once on M5 about a year ago, and previous to that (also on M5) about 3 years aog.

Only see 460 every now and again (430 a little more), but LS400 usually see one of two a week, mainly because I think there is a bit of a concentration in my neck of the woods.

Always nice to see another driver who appreciates the quality of these cars

In my area (Surrey) they are much more common. In last week I've seen 2 🙂

In general it is like 1 per 2-3 weeks. Older models are even more common. Last week I even seen LC for the first time on the road - this one is really rare.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jonathan .. would you believe a carbon copy of mine passed me on Princess Parkway a couple of weeks ago , how unlikely is that albeit I didn't get to see if it had the RSR fitted plus it looked like it needed a good wash and wax !! it's the only other one I have seen  

On 9/15/2018 at 3:22 PM, jpjsavage said:

I must admit I like the rarity angle.

Great until you need spare parts and they aren't available.

I once had to scrap a perfectly good Nissan because a headlight unit lens had broken and there were none to be had throughout Europe, Japan or anywhere else that I could find - not even in breakers/scrappies.

Great until you need spare parts and they aren't available.
I once had to scrap a perfectly good Nissan because a headlight unit lens had broken and there were none to be had throughout Europe, Japan or anywhere else that I could find - not even in breakers/scrappies.
Not a problem at the moment thankfully. A local Lexus dealer is a big help too.

• 2 weeks later...

if you see another Ls of any description then it must simply be a MIRAGE ...................

I used to see locally  the odd Ls400 and Ls430 but not for a long while now..............460 and 600s I never see on my travels these days

Malc

1 hour ago, jpjsavage said:

I saw another LS600 in the Sainsbury's car park in Nantwich! Just down the road from me. Anyone here?e56ef321c927836fed2826a5bb64b925.jpg

If you meet up with Bryan, then ask him why he gave up on Audi, JP !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1