Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How many LS600 are there in the UK?

I always used to see a black Ls600 driving on the A40 Western Avenue going out of London when I was driving in. Almost every single time I would pass that exact same car! Anyone on here?

Despite having not seen any LS for probably over a year, all of a sudden recently I have seen loads- the other day whilst out driving I saw three LS400s within half an hour and the next day was in my driveway and a blue LS400 came wafting past! Unbelievable after having seen none for ages. Have seen two ls430s in the last two or so weeks which is a very rare occurrence but neither was in v good condition the second was so dirty that I could barely make out the colour and it was missing all the Lexus logos on the wheel plates 😮

Probably the most memorable sighting some years ago was of a blue 2001 ls430 (also on A40) which had two enormous scrapes like something enormous had hit the side and had a chunk of the front grill missing almost like a bullet hole. The fact that as the driver came down the slip road he proceeded to slam through and around the heavy traffic like a rally car probably explains the damage! Have seen that exact car numerous times for sale on eBay and each time it has been more and more cannibalised to look like a boy racer machine. 

Except for these have barely ever seen any LS on the road. 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2018 at 2:41 PM, Malc said:

if you see another Ls of any description then it must simply be a MIRAGE ...................

and I saw TWO Ls430s locally yesterday too .....  AMAZING

Malc

7 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

That`s what Malt Whisky does for you pal !

I'm not a great fan of whisky so I've decided to experiment with Rioja, and sure enough it works.  This week I saw two Lexus IS sportcross near my house! 

• Like 1

You won't believe it!

Earlier when I was driving to Church a grey ls430 2002 came out of a lay-by and followed me. This is now the third ls430 I have come across in two weeks. Doesn't the good Lord send us nice cars when we want them 🙂 

I honestly don't believe what's going on at the moment. Am not having a laugh, this is honestly true. Definitely wasn't under the influence ha ha. Is it some kind of an omen its like ls430s and 400s are attracted to my car like a magnet at the moment. Just passed my test before the summer holidays so if a red or gold coloured ls430 follows me i will know its my parents spying on my driving habits! 

I'll be driving into London tomorrow so if I see any more ls430s I will genuinely eat my hat

This is 100% true. Had I not been driving at the time I would have snapped a pic just to prove it.

22 hours ago, The Lexus Enthusiast said:

You won't believe it!

Earlier when I was driving to Church a grey ls430 2002 came out of a lay-by and followed me. This is now the third ls430 I have come across in two weeks. Doesn't the good Lord send us nice cars when we want them 🙂 

I honestly don't believe what's going on at the moment. Am not having a laugh, this is honestly true. Definitely wasn't under the influence ha ha. Is it some kind of an omen its like ls430s and 400s are attracted to my car like a magnet at the moment. Just passed my test before the summer holidays so if a red or gold coloured ls430 follows me i will know its my parents spying on my driving habits! 

I'll be driving into London tomorrow so if I see any more ls430s I will genuinely eat my hat

This is 100% true. Had I not been driving at the time I would have snapped a pic just to prove it.

You're more likely to see one in London, that's where I see most of them. Remember, admire them, but don't covet them!! And if you find yourself near West Sussex let me know, it's always good to meet another LS owner. And a word of advice.  If you're at risk of eating your hat, take an edible one with you.

2 hours ago, The-Acre said:

You're more likely to see one in London, that's where I see most of them. Remember, admire them, but don't covet them!! And if you find yourself near West Sussex let me know, it's always good to meet another LS owner. And a word of advice.  If you're at risk of eating your hat, take an edible one with you.

Just got back from London an hour ago and when I was driving through Acton on A40 spotted a silver facelift 430 going the other way so now I really do need an edible hat😁 This is just fantastic! I'm starting to spend an increasing amount of time scanning oncoming traffic for 430s now as I just can't get them off my mind, should come with a safety warning ha ha! Unfortunately until am 25 yrs I can't be put on insurance for my mom's ls430 so am in an A class which must be what is strangely attracting these 430s! Resisting the urge to covet is v difficult when they come wafting along like magic carpets. I consider hers to be mine except my "chauffeur" owns it😂 Friend of mine lives in Bognor Regis so I might make an extended trip out of it and come and admire that rare Celsior of yours, have always wanted to see one in real life!

It really gets me down having to wait until i'm 25 to drive the Lexus. 

Alex 

1 hour ago, The Lexus Enthusiast said:

Just got back from London an hour ago and when I was driving through Acton on A40 spotted a silver facelift 430 going the other way so now I really do need an edible hat😁 This is just fantastic! I'm starting to spend an increasing amount of time scanning oncoming traffic for 430s now as I just can't get them off my mind, should come with a safety warning ha ha! Unfortunately until am 25 yrs I can't be put on insurance for my mom's ls430 so am in an A class which must be what is strangely attracting these 430s! Resisting the urge to covet is v difficult when they come wafting along like magic carpets. I consider hers to be mine except my "chauffeur" owns it😂 Friend of mine lives in Bognor Regis so I might make an extended trip out of it and come and admire that rare Celsior of yours, have always wanted to see one in real life!

It really gets me down having to wait until i'm 25 to drive the Lexus. 

Alex 

This thread is getting more and more exciting.

I have just remembered that I posted this upon my arrival here in Spain 

Is a beautiful Green LS 430 and I was delighted to follow it as it crossed the Border from France into Spain on Wednesday 5 September. It took off like a rocket and left my 52 Reg Merc for dead! Belong to anyone on here ?"

And since I`ve arrived I`ve seen;
one UK reg GS 250 in Black
one series 2 IS300 in maroon
one series 2 GS300 inGreen 
And yes Phil I have been drinking Rioja and also Chablis I bought in France en-route, but not sufficiently to impair my memory!
I will keep my eyes peeled for the next Lexus LS !!
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, royoftherovers said:

This thread is getting more and more exciting.

I have just remembered that I posted this upon my arrival here in Spain 

Is a beautiful Green LS 430 and I was delighted to follow it as it crossed the Border from France into Spain on Wednesday 5 September. It took off like a rocket and left my 52 Reg Merc for dead! Belong to anyone on here ?"

And since I`ve arrived I`ve seen;
one UK reg GS 250 in Black
one series 2 IS300 in maroon
one series 2 GS300 inGreen 
And yes Phil I have been drinking Rioja and also Chablis I bought in France en-route, but not sufficiently to impair my memory!
I will keep my eyes peeled for the next Lexus LS !!

Nice sighting! I have noticed that whenever I have seen ls430s, especially the one yesterday, they are going FAST, and it's not exactly surprising I guess. Put it this way- the guy yesterday really liked his 430's engine. Unfortunately have never had the pleasure of seeing an ls430 on the continent, not even a British one. I live also in Italy and have never ever seen a single 430 of any nationality there but did see many many years ago a 460 and have seen recently over there one early 00s GS. I dream of when I can take a 430 across to Italy. Have already got my road trip down there booked for March but unfortunately will be going in my car. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Lexus Enthusiast said:

Nice sighting! I have noticed that whenever I have seen ls430s, especially the one yesterday, they are going FAST, and it's not exactly surprising I guess. Put it this way- the guy yesterday really liked his 430's engine. Unfortunately have never had the pleasure of seeing an ls430 on the continent, not even a British one. I live also in Italy and have never ever seen a single 430 of any nationality there but did see many many years ago a 460 and have seen recently over there one early 00s GS. I dream of when I can take a 430 across to Italy. Have already got my road trip down there booked for March but unfortunately will be going in my car. 

In May we did a European road trip in a GS which was great, but next year we may do it in the Celsior which I'll be looking forward to.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The-Acre said:

In May we did a European road trip in a GS which was great, but next year we may do it in the Celsior which I'll be looking forward to.

Will be fab in the Celsior. So quiet and powerful perfect for the motorways. 

• Like 1

There was a black 59 plate LS600h near The Three Tuns in Great Bedwyn (not far from Marlborough) on Sunday morning.

We had just been to see the Crofton Beam Engine on the Kennett & Avon Canal. Fascinating place, well worth a visit If you're in the area.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Lexus Enthusiast said:

Ah that could be it. Never thought of that! Lucky guy gets a slightly newer plate 😁

There's an X reg LS400 local to me and my last LS430 was also X so it does happen. What you notice with the "late" pre-facelift 430's is they get wood trim everywhere like the facelift ones rather than parts in brushed aluminium. 

Never seen a 600 but those oil stains behind the Car look ominous you owners, beware! lol

Wouldn’t park in  a Car park that full if I owned one!  

Seen a blue LS400 at Frinton on Sea just oop the rood, and in last couple of weeks an LS430 has been zooming past my House on the Sea front frightening the Horses. I’ve never seen this Car before! Not sure if he is now a local but his driving leaves something to be desired.  90 degree right hand blind bend at speed, not wise.

8 hours ago, The-Acre said:

There's an X reg LS400 local to me and my last LS430 was also X so it does happen. What you notice with the "late" pre-facelift 430's is they get wood trim everywhere like the facelift ones rather than parts in brushed aluminium. 

Yeah, not having wood trim in the earlier ones is a pain. Why did Lexus decide to do that suddenly in 53?  Aluminium looks good but only when in tip top condition which sadly isn't usually the case. Both our LS430s came with aluminium but I upgraded one to full wood and it looks stunning in my opinion and original too. 

So I have learned something new thanks to the LOC about late registration! 

4 hours ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Never seen a 600 but those oil stains behind the Car look ominous you owners, beware! lol

Wouldn’t park in  a Car park that full if I owned one!  

Seen a blue LS400 at Frinton on Sea just oop the rood, and in last couple of weeks an LS430 has been zooming past my House on the Sea front frightening the Horses. I’ve never seen this Car before! Not sure if he is now a local but his driving leaves something to be desired.  90 degree right hand blind bend at speed, not wise.

I have noticed that almost all LS430 drivers that I have seen on the roads don't exactly like hanging around behind the wheel😎 I think that there must be some allure hustling a living room full of leather seats around at break neck speeds lol. But seriously not wise, you're quite right. 

Was it a facelift or preface lift? I find that the older 430s are usually driven a bit more harshly. 

Alex 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, The Lexus Enthusiast said:

I have noticed that almost all LS430 drivers that I have seen on the roads don't exactly like hanging around behind the wheel😎 I think that there must be some allure hustling a living room full of leather seats around at break neck speeds lol. But seriously not wise, you're quite right. 

Was it a facelift or preface lift? I find that the older 430s are usually driven a bit more harshly. 

Alex 

Just a slight fly in your statements ointment, I drive around with a living room full of wool which is marvellous!  I have to say I'm so much preferring it over leather, shame you can't seem to get it on UK cars.

Just now, The-Acre said:

Just a slight fly in your statements ointment, I drive around with a living room full of wool which is marvellous!  I have to say I'm so much preferring it over leather, shame you can't seem to get it on UK cars.

Does it make your back hot in summer?

Make sure to never leave your sunroof open, any water will shrink that interior of yours. Doubt your insurance covers shrinkage😂🤣

2 minutes ago, The Lexus Enthusiast said:

Does it make your back hot in summer?

Make sure to never leave your sunroof open, any water will shrink that interior of yours. Doubt your insurance covers shrinkage😂🤣

No, that's the idea of wool, it's cool in summer and warm in winter, and being an import it doesn't have a sunroof.  Many JDM cars don't due to the hot sun.  That's why you nearly always see imports with dark rear windows.  I got in mine during some very hot days and it felt fine, more than I can say for the leather I've always had!