Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help! No power at all

Bongo

I have just tried to to go out in my Lexus is250, but the car dead, nothing at all, remote wont work, no interior lights, car wont lock, unlock, just had someone come round to look at repairing some  paint damage to my bonnet, while he was here, he partially removed the bumper, would that have anything to do with it? when i press the key fob, it flashes red, if that means anything. Please help. Thank you

Did you lock the car normally after your paint man had been there? There's no chance he actually disconnected the Battery is there?

Like scouselexus says, you should at least be able to get in the car and pop the bonnet. 

Hi, car is already unlocked cannot lock it, i did wonder if it was the Battery, but wouldn't there be at least interior lights etc, checked Battery, everything seems to be ok,  could be a bad connection to the body?, I have nothing at all, nothing lights up or comes on, will try and jump start it in the morning. Thank you for your help so far

35 minutes ago, Bongo said:

Hi, car is already unlocked cannot lock it, i did wonder if it was the battery, but wouldn't there be at least interior lights etc, checked battery, everything seems to be ok,  could be a bad connection to the body?, I have nothing at all, nothing lights up or comes on, will try and jump start it in the morning. Thank you for your help so far

Not necessarily! Mrs gdh300's Yaris went through a spell of completely discharging it's Battery, I mean absolutely flat. Not even a glimmer from the interior lights. 

There's just a chance that your new baby is still on its original Battery, in which case it is likely 'end of life'. Might not take much of a discharge to flatten it. Problem is, once you completely discharge it, it reduces the recharge capacity even more, and it becomes a downward spiral. May be even leaving unlocked has caused something to drain the Battery (some Toyota cars seem to have this as a 'feature')?

Hopefully it's something simply, and you paint guy hasn't unintentionally caused some massive earth. Not what you want on your new pride and joy, I know, but I fingers crossed, eh? Let us know how you get on.

Hi all, thank you for all your helpful comments, I am going to ring the garage I bought it from tomorrow, I do have a warranty and breakdown cover on it, so might be worth getting them out fist to check my Battery and take it from there, not a good start to my Lexus ownership, hopefully it will be an easy fix.

• Like 1

That's good bongo, at least you can get them to sort it for you. Fingers X just a new Battery needed. Don't lose faith in your Lexus as these things happen.

To put things into context, I bought a 2007 is220d 18 months ago and in this time,

had vsc eml triangle lights on numerous times, now gone after motorway driving, shredded my serpentine belt due to water pump going, lost my back box resulting in replacement back box and damaged rear bumper, had to replace two front tyres due to nail in one. 

But I still love my Lexus. These things can and will happen to anyone and any car.

chin up and hope the garage sorts it for you quickly

18 minutes ago, Scouselexus said:

That's good bongo, at least you can get them to sort it for you. Fingers X just a new battery needed. Don't lose faith in your Lexus as these things happen.

To put things into context, I bought a 2007 is220d 18 months ago and in this time,

had vsc eml triangle lights on numerous times, now gone after motorway driving, shredded my serpentine belt due to water pump going, lost my back box resulting in replacement back box and damaged rear bumper, had to replace two front tyres due to nail in one. 

But I still love my Lexus. These things can and will happen to anyone and any car.

chin up and hope the garage sorts it for you quickly

Don'g get me wrong, in the few short days I have had it, I have loved it, but when these things happen, you think to yourself, have I been sold lemon😕

14 hours ago, Bongo said:

I have just tried to to go out in my Lexus is250, but the car dead, nothing at all, remote wont work, no interior lights, car wont lock, unlock, just had someone come round to look at repairing some  paint damage to my bonnet, while he was here, he partially removed the bumper, would that have anything to do with it? when i press the key fob, it flashes red, if that means anything. Please help. Thank you

Ok, update on the power loss issue, just tried to jump start it, still nothing, going to check the fuses next

Sorry to hear of the trouble you are having, I too straight away presumed a Battery issue, I would definitely replace it though just to be sure, do you have a local Halfords in your area, I'm sure you could pick one up, and hopefully someone could give you a lift there/back.

If this isn't the issue I'm at a loss, I hope you get it sorted 😫

24 minutes ago, IS250Mike said:

Sorry to hear of the trouble you are having, I too straight away presumed a battery issue, I would definitely replace it though just to be sure, do you have a local Halfords in your area, I'm sure you could pick one up, and hopefully someone could give you a lift there/back.

If this isn't the issue I'm at a loss, I hope you get it sorted 😫

Thank you, going to ring the dealer I got it from shortly, I do have breakdown cover from them, so it looks like I will be getting them out, I do have a Halfords close by, so if it is the Battery I can get one quite easily.

I have spoken to the dealer, who kindly ordered a new Battery for me to pick up today, he also said if I wasn't happy with the car, is happy to take it back! So, will pop the new one on and hope for the best! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bongo said:

I have spoken to the dealer, who kindly ordered a new battery for me to pick up today, he also said if I wasn't happy with the car, is happy to take it back! So, will pop the new one on and hope for the best! 

Now, that is good to read! Fingers crossed for you. 

12 minutes ago, Bongo said:

I have spoken to the dealer, who kindly ordered a new battery for me to pick up today, he also said if I wasn't happy with the car, is happy to take it back! So, will pop the new one on and hope for the best! 

I really hope its just the Battery, it would be such a shame if you lost confidence and gave it back, fingers crossed for you mate.

49 minutes ago, IS250Mike said:

I really hope its just the battery, it would be such a shame if you lost confidence and gave it back, fingers crossed for you mate.

49 minutes ago, gdh300 said:

Now, that is good to read! Fingers crossed for you. 

Good news, had my mate come round who is a mechanic, done a Battery test, and the Battery is not holding charge, we have managed to start it, really pleased, going pick up new Battery a bit later, so all is good, thank you for all your kind words and support, think I will keeping the car 😀

• Like 1

Having a mechanic as a mate is a big bonus! Assuming all is good once you have the new Battery on, might be worth him monitoring the Battery for you (or investing in a cheaper tester yourself) just in case there is a charging fault. 

1 minute ago, gdh300 said:

Having a mechanic as a mate is a big bonus! Assuming all is good once you have the new battery on, might be worth him monitoring the battery for you (or investing in a cheaper tester yourself) just in case there is a charging fault. 

Yes it is a bonus, he done a charging test and the Battery was charging, have put a new one in, the old one was dated 2013, so quite an old one, started car up, and now I have airbag light on, can this be reset  if I disconnect the Battery for a couple of hours?

On some cars it's quite normal to have warning lights on after a Battery has got so low, on landrovers after Battery trouble some light up like an Xmas tree! Thankfully you have a quality vehicle 😏

The light will either go off itself after a run or it may need a diog machine to switch it off. 

Ok, what a frantic 24hrs it has been, everything is finally sorted with the car, the issue with the airbag light was the connection on the positive terminal, the new Battery has the terminals at the front, the old one they were at the back, I did query this with Europarts, they said that it would fit no problem, because the positive lead had to be connected a little more further forward, the positive connection had to stretch to reach the terminal, because of this the airbag connection had slightly dislodged, so i removed the Battery connections and managed to get a bit more length out of the lead without stretching it, made sure all the connections were firmly in place and started the car and to my relief, no more warning light. I am a happy man. Thank you to everyone who has commented on this thread, it is good to know there is a wealth of knowledge, if us Lexus owners need it!

• Like 1

Phew, and breathe!

Glad you got it sorted out. Even the best cars can suffer from a failed component. Good you found that weak Battery now rather than on a cold, dark January morning! 2013 Battery, probably about the time I'd have considered changing it anyway. 

1 hour ago, gdh300 said:

Phew, and breathe!

Glad you got it sorted out. Even the best cars can suffer from a failed component. Good you found that weak battery now rather than on a cold, dark January morning! 2013 battery, probably about the time I'd have considered changing it anyway. 

Indeed, while my mate (mechanic) was here he gave the car the once over, and took it for a test drive, he gave it a clean bill of health, and his exact words were "she is a beauty" so I am a very happy man, looking forward to a future of luxury motoring. 😀

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links