Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC-F 10th Anniversary Carbon Edition Sold

@mrfunex I’m aware that opinions are divided but blue is the ‘F’ colour and the Japanese way of things is somewhat different at times, but have sat in it and spent a bit of time with the Cheltenham car it suits the model...... and after all should you change your mind there’s 9 left now........

Big Rat 

As nice as it is. This 10th anniversary edition feels like a swansong to burn through the final inventory. 

Looking at the new facelift RC, I wonder if they will do a new RCF? 

Spy shots seem to indicate they will.

But if I was Lexus head office I would worry about the overlap between a new shape RCF and the LC500...my bet is they will either do away with the RCF or make it more uncompromising and less comfortable. Allowing the Lc500 to be the long legged, sporty-ish GT halo car and an RCF to be the ultimate expression of F performance like the  NSX-R was. They are having loads of gt4 success now, so I’m guessing seriously lower weight. Silly aero. The whole 9-yards. And will probably be a high power hybrid not a V8. If they do that I would then question whether they bring it to the UK. 

• Like 1

@tomRCFcarbon I tend to agree with you as regards a ‘different ‘ more hardcore Rcf maybe on the cards and why not maybe they should have done more of this in the past......

The sales numbers may just may have been better if exhausts and styling parts etc had been made available as factory options and or dealer fit.

Havng had recent visits to Singapore and Australia I’ve seen dealers there offering all manner of nice trinkets 😍

Big Rat

For a limited run I would have expected to see small boost in power. Maybe lower ride height for improved handling, maybe lighter, maybe different exhaust to make it truly special. Just feels lazy. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

For a limited run I would have expected to see small boost in power. Maybe lower ride height for improved handling, maybe lighter, maybe different exhaust to make it truly special. Just feels lazy. 

Agree.

Not special enough

Can't boost the power due to eu 6 without extensive work.

Agree about rest which lexus UK had option on but we spoke to the head of lexus UK marketing (I think) at goodwood and it was their decision to ask Japan to tone it down for the uk. I'm paraphrasing but that was the jist of it.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

[mention=54052]Comedian[/mention] That’s precisely what he said..... thought he was a most knowledgable bloke and friendly in his approach..... not just some company man........

Big Rat
oh I agree, very nice chap and all that. I just don't think they have worked out what to do with F in the UK.

Looked at the Cheltenham car yesterday, looks better than it does in the photos but it doesn't work for me, interior colour isn't great and the paint job on the wheels looks cheap, It looks as though they couldn't really be bothered to put any effort into the car.

• Like 2

I guess a wheel appearance or finish is a personal thing bit like many aspects of the car I agree the gloss black look probably doesn’t suit the car perhaps the Matt Black look on them may have been preferred to compliment the Matt bodywork finish perhaps..... 

Big  Rat

2 hours ago, Comedian said:

Can't boost the power due to eu 6 without extensive work.

Agree about rest which lexus UK had option on but we spoke to the head of lexus UK marketing (I think) at goodwood and it was their decision to ask Japan to tone it down for the uk. I'm paraphrasing but that was the jist of it.

That’s daft. The f range are the cars where they can take some styling risks. They should know from their competition limited run cars can be that bit more loud styling wise and literally. That’s what makes them special and unique and desirable. It’s a missed opportunity to build upon the solid reputation the rcf and f cars in general are getting. Pitty.

6 hours ago, Comedian said:

I doubt the UK has much influence here. The 10th anniversary is available worldwide and is pretty much the same in all regions - just with keeping the existing regional differences (e.g. US doesn't get the carbon 'hood').

• Like 1

I doubt the UK has much influence here. The 10th anniversary is available worldwide and is pretty much the same in all regions - just with keeping the existing regional differences (e.g. US doesn't get the carbon 'hood').
You might be right, but that's what the man said.