Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2nd Gen GS300 Rear Door wont unlock or Open *Urgent*

Looking abit of help, Im unable to open my rear door. Both by the outside or inside handles. I can hear the actuator clicking when I use the remote but does not unlock. 

There are numerous posts about replacement of the lock actuator but the door needs to be open for that.

How can I get the door open?

Cheers Colin, I was able to get all but 1 of the screws out by removing the door seal but cannot get out the one at the rear with the door closed so cannot lift the door card up for access.

Just unsure if i will have to cut the door card off or cut in through the exterior door handle?

Thanks for finding that, was looking at the other door to work out the way to go but it looked like you had to get to the actuator.

Think i might remove the good door handle to practice 1st, I was worred that I would have to cut into the door skin and then a door replacement which seems abit overkill.

Will let you know how i got on.

Cheers Again for you help Colin I got it sorted. Im not going to go into detail on how i got it sorted as it could make it very easy for someone to break into your car, safe to say that it is mentioned in the link above.

What had happened to me was the Actuator Arm had come off and thus operating the Remote central locking or unlocking by the door switch was not working the lock mechanism on the door lock.

One bit of advise I would give anyone in this situation is:- Remove the lock and exterior handle on the good door. Put the lock back in. You will see through the Opening where the exterior Handle was and should be able to work out what to do.

• Like 1