Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking about a 450 - views sought

Ignore the mileage, means nothing on these if the history and condition is good. SE or SE-L? The 300 for the reasons above, but at the same money you may kick yourself if you miss out on the 450. Is it too cheap tho, should cost you more than a 300, specially new batteries. 

What's the damage?

1 hour ago, Pewe said:

Which would you guys go for.

Personally I'd go for the 450h because I'd want the extra power, and better economy. But if those aren't a priority then the 300 sounds like a well looked after example and probably cheaper/more reliable long term for the reasons in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately neither of the cars I was considering worked out.

However I have been offered a 2005 GS300 with under 100,000 for £2000.

It has a rip in one of the rear seat pads (not massive but noticeable), and the front bumper is scratched (no other marks on the body).

The mot is for almost a year with no advisories.

I'm not sure about the seat issue, but I can get the front bumper re-painted for about £150 . I would prefer to take the bumper off for painting rather than having it masked.

If I decide to go for this car, how easy is the bumper removal - anyone done it?