Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS300h - Leaving at airport for four weeks???

I left GS450h once for 3 weeks in summer - hybrid Battery was still almost fully charged.

2 tips:

- Make sure your 12V is in good shape as if this one will die you won't start up.

- Before leaving the car make sure hybrid Battery is charged. You could just sit on a car park for few minutes until engine go off by itself.

Thanks John & Hangie feel better knowing it will start on return. 

Peter, its a metal box, can be fixed or replaced, life is too short to be worring about car getting damaged, looking more forward to a holiday.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hardy said:

Thanks John & Hangie feel better knowing it will start on return. 

Peter, its a metal box, can be fixed or replaced, life is too short to be worring about car getting damaged, looking more forward to a holiday.

Agree 100% so I wouldn't worry about the hybrid Battery 😉

Plus 1 for the post by member "Hangie" it is the 12 volt Battery that is likely to die. Turn off the keyless entry system to conserve Battery power, and if possible leave a jump pack or 12 volt Battery, and jump leads in the boot just in case.

Enjoy you holiday.

John. 

34 minutes ago, Britprius said:

Plus 1 for the post by member "Hangie" it is the 12 volt battery that is likely to die. Turn off the keyless entry system to conserve battery power, and if possible leave a jump pack or 12 volt battery, and jump leads in the boot just in case.

Enjoy you holiday.

John. 

Correct

Even though the starter operates from the traction Battery, it won't start without the computer to tell it to.