Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all, 

I have been an is200 owner for the last 15 years - 1st a manual & now an auto. Both great cars.

So going to have a look at a GS250.

Any thoughts or pointers souls be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the GS250 is a vastly underrated car with a proper old school V6 engine and transmission. Its a little heavy on fuel in the city but out on the motorways, it is in its element and can do high 30s. In the 8 months I have had it, it consitently beats the official figures of 31.7mpg.  I love the car and the prices of the GS250 are such, they represent a bargain. Don't be put off by economy or tax. The price gaps between petrol and hybrids GS more than make up for it. 

They’re a great car.

Don’t know how you drive yours but 40mpg at 450miles per tank seem about right for me. I was on for nearly 500 miles but chickened it at 350 with over a 3rd left in it.

Transmission is good with a few exciting features. If you switch it to sport it’s properly sporty holding the gears and makes very good sense in an Alpine Pass environment and if you drive in a very sporty way it’ll actually rev match on a down shift. The rest of the time it’s very slushy but shift times in the upper Rev ranges ain’t bad.

Issues wise - I’ve got an odd steering wheel noise. It’s like this but less extreme and an odd squeak thrown in.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-3rd-gen-2010-2015/866192-steering-wheel-noise.html

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. 

Had a look at a GS250 Luxury a couple of weeks ago. Looked good in the pics-not so good in the flesh.

l know it was a 6year old car but scratches on the rear bumper, moss around the Windows & the seats could have done with a clean. 

The salesman said - oh just been sold 10 mins ago - so not disappointed, it wasn't the one.

So while in the area called at Robinsons brewery for a few bottles - so not a wasted journey!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links