Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Please Read and Respond - F-Up The Peaks & Dales

3 hours ago, Cezar B said:

Comfirmed: Me & The Mrs + My Best Friend Marius & His Mrs ( all in 1 car 🙉)

we are overnighters 😉

Good stuff Cezar, any dietary requirements for you guys or will bacon rolls be OK?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NothernDan said:

I'll be waiting there from about 4:00am like it's Christmas morning!!

I will stick to my plan in terms of timing Dan, we can always stooge for the 15mins Cezar needs to meet up at 7:15am.

If we get there earlier, sounds like you'll be hanging around! Lol. :thumbup::lol:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Peter P18 said:

I will stick to my plan in terms of timing Dan, we can always stooge for the 15mins Cezar needs to meet up at 7:15am.

If we get there earlier, sounds like you'll be hanging around! Lol. :thumbup::lol:

We can also be there early 

Just asking...😜

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Peter P18 said:

Just knock on the window and wake me up, I'll have been there all night!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cezar B said:

We can also be there early 

Just asking...😜

I know Cezar, I'll still set off as planned at 5:30am, going to be a long day, but I'm sure i'll enjoy every second of it!

Should sleep well when we get to the hotel! :laughing:

Nice thing for me and anyone closer to Kent is we will be roughly half way by the time we reach Toddington services, so we can probably afford to take a 15-20min breather/restroom break anyway. :smile:

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Peter P18 said:

I know Cezar, I'll still set off as planned at 5:30am, going to be a long day, but I'm sure i'll enjoy every second of it!

Should sleep well when we get to the hotel! :laughing:

Nice thing for me and anyone closer to Kent is we will be roughly half way by the time we reach Toddington services, so we can probably afford to take a 15-20min breather/restroom break anyway. :smile:

Wow! That puts it in perspective for some of the rest of us! Me included!

Hoping for good weather. Long range forecast is overcast but fair which I'd be more than happy with.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Peter P18 said:

Hey Dan,

So AA route planner reckons it’s roughly 75 miles from my house to Toddington Services, and should take around 1hr 22mins to get there.

It also reckons it’s 162 miles from mine to Lexus Derby, and should take around 2hrs 48mins.

I was planning to be on the road by 5:30am, so in theory that would mean we would be at Toddington services around 7am, and would reach Lexus Derby around 8:30am or so....

Thing is we won’t know how bad traffic will be or  if there will be any accidents or delays, so do we think this sounds ok, or should we aim to leave earlier? 

It’s not a bank holiday, and pretty early for folks to be on the roads in force I reckon, but we are travelling a fair old way, so happy to go with the flow. 

Cheers,

Pete

Hi Pete. I will meet you at Toddington for 7am too. Cheers

• Like 2

17 hours ago, NothernDan said:

@Comedian Are you coming Sean? I think you were a yes.

Embarrassingly I forgot it's my wife's birthday weekend; I will see what the lay of the land is and get back to you.

If I never post again............:bangin:

4 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Missed my chance there - room for a wife and cat.

Just think how happy the wife will be when you whisk her away to Derbyshire for the weekend!

"Wow, look who's here as well darling!!!! What are the chances....." :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bluethunder said:

Hi Dan, where do you think the first pit-stop will be after leaving Derby and around what Time? I won't be able to meet at Derby and was hoping to join en route. 

I'm coming from Manchester airport area...

Now then chief. If you check the events section there's the full itinerary in there so you can see roughly where we'll be and when :wink3:

8 hours ago, NothernDan said:

That sounds like a plan Pete. Traffic was fine last time I did the route and that was a Saturday at roughly the same time.

7am at Toddington it is then! 😁

See u all at 7, Ryo will be there too.

should be good fun and noisy 😂🤣🤣

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Cezar B said:

I lay a pound to a penny we will be the noisiest ones, think we should all line up and start on the count of 3 at Derby, see if they can/will record it, all pipes aiming the same way 😂🤣

• Haha 4