Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS 220d lock cap removal and instillation

I came outside the other morning to see that someone had hit the side of my car.  My next door neighbor saw it, said it was a little boy on a bicycle who hit my car.  The lock cap, covering the lock on the driver's side door had come off and was laying on the curb next to my car.  I couldn't get it to go back on...so I figured it must be broken...the paint was also scratched off of it so I ordered a new one from my local Lexus dealer.  It came today but appears to be the same as the other one...but I just can't get it to stay on...and after playing with the other ones...I can't get the cap to come off of the passenger door at all.  How do you remove these caps and how do you install them?

Mine doesn't have a door lock as such in that place so I assume you mean keyhole in the drivers door.

You can see at the 3.00 mark the clip being fitted around the keyhole (but worth watching it from the start just for fun)

• 2 weeks later...

NO, my Lexus has keyless ignition but there is a hidden lock, just behind the door handle on both driver and passengers side that has a key hole..there is a little panel on the outside that hides it.  This is what was damaged.  I managed to get it installed...it just took a bit of force.  Great video nonthe less. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links