Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tailgate button on the inside.

I can open the electric tailgate easily via the tailgate button and the key fob but the button near the driver only opens and closes the tailgate when I slightly open the drivers door.🤨

I’ve tried every combo of engine running, ignition on and off, seatbelt on and off but it only releases when I open the drivers door.  Anyone else have similar behaviour?

cheers

Peter

5 hours ago, Habu said:

I can open the electric tailgate easily via the tailgate button and the key fob but the button near the driver only opens and closes the tailgate when I slightly open the drivers door.🤨

I’ve tried every combo of engine running, ignition on and off, seatbelt on and off but it only releases when I open the drivers door.  Anyone else have similar behaviour?

cheers

Peter

You have to hold it down. it should open regardless of the  other door being open.

On my RX450h Doors have to be unlocked bedfore tailgate will operate fromn the button on the dash. Same if using the fob, you have to unlock the car first. This is stupidly frustrating. My wifes Honda CRV tailgate opens from the fob or dash button when car is locked

21 minutes ago, chris_fletcher said:

On my RX450h Doors have to be unlocked bedfore tailgate will operate fromn the button on the dash. Same if using the fob, you have to unlock the car first. This is stupidly frustrating. My wifes Honda CRV tailgate opens from the fob or dash button when car is locked

Thanks Chris.  That makes sense as when I've been driving the doors are still locked when I come to a stop and the boot won't open until I either unlock the doors or open them.  If I sit in the car without driving it the boot opens.  Yes, it's a little odd as my previous Kia would open the boot quite happily from the inside under any condition.