Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The new Supra! Initial reviews

Rumour has it that, to save time for any new Supra owners, Toyota will be fitting all of these, straight out of the factory, with a Blitz NUR spec exhaust and HKS mushroom filter.

Air ride and BBS mesh alloys will be factory options along with a 2 step / anti-lag kit.

Yeeehaaa!

#fakenews

• Like 1

My local Toyota dealer called me this week as I registered my interest a while ago.

He said they'll be taking deposits next month but I wont be able to price, or spec, until January.

That seemed a bit odd to me. Who would deposit a car they don't know about?

Anyhow, I don't think it'll tempt me out of the RCF anymore.

I've read somewhere the Supra will be about 50k and have 340bhp, weigh 1500kgs, do 0-60mph in 4.7 secs.

I expected the new Supra would be more like 70k and a lot more hardcore.

I don't think this should be named the Supra.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tfp said:

My local Toyota dealer called me this week as I registered my interest a while ago.

He said they'll be taking deposits next month but I wont be able to price, or spec, until January.

That seemed a bit odd to me. Who would deposit a car they don't know about?

Anyhow, I don't think it'll tempt me out of the RCF anymore.

I've read somewhere the Supra will be about 50k and have 340bhp, weigh 1500kgs, do 0-60mph in 4.7 secs.

I expected the new Supra would be more like 70k and a lot more hardcore.

I don't think this should be named the Supra.

Agreed. Stats seem disappointing at the moment and it will probably be Toyota interior which is ok at best.

34 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Agreed. Stats seem disappointing at the moment and it will probably be Toyota interior which is ok at best.

Fear not, a turbo charged straight six is likely to be a very highly modifiable thing!

As an ex owner of a BMW straight six turbo I'd agree it's a lovely engine. However peruse the forums and you'll find numerous reliability issues and the reason I sold it . I'm not sure that will fit in with Toyotas ethos so it surprises me somewhat.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stuno1 said:

Its the same engine as the 340i. Will be 340hp, M40i engine. 0-60 in 4.6s. The interior will be BMW based with Toyota badging. Steering wheel is different but rest of it is similiar. 

2 hours ago, NothernDan said:

Fear not, a turbo charged straight six is likely to be a very highly modifiable thing!

Indeed but then any turbo car is. It needs to look like the concep cars and handle well. Also, needs to have the components to take power increase. Lots of turbo options out there so it needs to be phenominal at something and at 50k I don’t think it will be. Fingers crossed though.

4 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

I think it’s about right. Original was about 325hp and 5 secs to 60, so it is a spot on evocation...as others have said it was what people turned those cars into and their potential that was exciting - I’m sure this will be the same. 

For me, I think that’s the failing of the GT86, not enough tuning potential...this on the other hand shouldn’t have that problem. 

8 hours ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

I think it’s about right. Original was about 325hp and 5 secs to 60, so it is a spot on evocation...as others have said it was what people turned those cars into and their potential that was exciting - I’m sure this will be the same. 

For me, I think that’s the failing of the GT86, not enough tuning potential...this on the other hand shouldn’t have that problem. 

Agreed but at 50k, to get big power toy could spend 10-20k and by that time you may have well just bought a faster better car.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Guaranteed classic.

Buy one, stick it in your garage. In 10 years you’ll have the only remaining original Supra IN THE WORLD (said Jezza style).

😂

Spec the Blitz NUR spec out of the factory for added rarity!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, rayaans said:

Its the same engine as the 340i. Will be 340hp, M40i engine. 0-60 in 4.6s. The interior will be BMW based with Toyota badging. Steering wheel is different but rest of it is similiar. 

You know these all as true facts and would bet the life of your first born on them being true?

• 3 months later...

www.mysanantonio.com/news/us/article/Ford-and-Cadillac-SUVs-Toyota-sports-car-star-at-13532112.php

Got to say I'm not a fan it looks too awkward the lines are allover the place the roof line looks too high, big disappointment coming from the last supra in my opinion