Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New owner

Hi,

I've been lurking on here for a few weeks but now I've actually bought a Lexus I thought I'd better speak.

Last week I collected an IS 300h F Sport in satin silver, 65reg, 8000miles, Black Leather, ML, Mem seats, Premium nav. great experience with Lexus Carlisle, They Supaguarded car and it was presented very well. Just the 320 mile drive home so it was a busy day.

One thing someone may be able to help with. I created a journey on my PC in the My Lexus account and sent it to the car but miserable failure, despite the car connected to my wifi - nothing! I've googled and Youtubed etc etc and the car nav won't play, any ideas?

Love driving the car after 4yrs of Octavia vRS oil burner now  a smooth quiet ride and a decent chassis, the motorways are less bumpy already.

Regards

M

A week after buying our RX450h from Lexus Teeside we were visiting family in Carlisle and I called in to Lexus to ask advice because I was unsure if the 'Hill Start Assist' was working correctly. I had to ask three separate people, all from the sales side, before I finally got the answer "I don't know how it works and I've got to unload these cars so I haven't got time to find out".

Rather unhelpful I thought, to such a degree that I'll never go back in there!

A week after buying our RX450h from Lexus Teeside we were visiting family in Carlisle and I called in to Lexus to ask advice because I was unsure if the 'Hill Start Assist' was working correctly. I had to ask three separate people, all from the sales side, before I finally got the answer "I don't know how it works and I've got to unload these cars so I haven't got time to find out".
Rather unhelpful I thought, to such a degree that I'll never go back in there!

Hello that’s very unusual behaviour for Lexus garage indeed. Almost unbelievable for Lexus!!

As long as your electronic parking brake shows green on the auto light I’m sure that it will work on hills and anywhere else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 9/21/2018 at 6:47 PM, mikejt said:

Hi,

I've been lurking on here for a few weeks but now I've actually bought a Lexus I thought I'd better speak.

Last week I collected an IS 300h F Sport in satin silver, 65reg, 8000miles, Black Leather, ML, Mem seats, Premium nav. great experience with Lexus Carlisle, They Supaguarded car and it was presented very well. Just the 320 mile drive home so it was a busy day.

One thing someone may be able to help with. I created a journey on my PC in the My Lexus account and sent it to the car but miserable failure, despite the car connected to my wifi - nothing! I've googled and Youtubed etc etc and the car nav won't play, any ideas?

Love driving the car after 4yrs of Octavia vRS oil burner now  a smooth quiet ride and a decent chassis, the motorways are less bumpy already.

Regards

M

Not wanting to state the obvious, but assuming you setup connected services within the nav? It should then download the trip from what I can remember. oh and welcome 

Thanks for all your comments.

The car connects to my wifi ok and searches for POI ok with street view there too.

It's not a disaster if I can't send journeys from My Lexus to the car I was just trying out the technology which Lexus have made available.  I've spoken to Lexus uk Multimedia services and they've referred the problem onto Toyota Motors.

I updated the firmware to version VD12104B from this forum without any problem and Lexus assure me this should work OK so I can only wait and see what happens.

My Lexus car connection solved!

Can now send created journeys to car OK.

This was solved by deleting my car from the My Lexus account and reinstalling it. Instantly ok.

Car also went into Lexus Hatfield for Hybrid Health check as Lexus Carlisle unable to complete because the car hadn't run enough hours after flat Battery, so got the certificate now.

Carlisle picked up the bill ok.

I had downloaded the latest firmware for Sat Nav version VD12104B from here and Lexus confirm this is the latest version, pity my maps are four years old but I can get Lexus update for £190 haha. off to eBay then.

The nav is a bit disappointing with its routing and not a patch on a smart phone. I also notice with just the map on the screen and not routing the map doesn't scroll along as the car moves I don't know whether its supposed to.

Love driving the car and the motorways are now smoother and good stability at speed on bends. The Lexus suspension engineers obviously put a lot more work into their design than the VW Audi group. 

My Skoda Octavia vRS with it's DSG Auto is primitive in comparison with ECVT as it lags when you pull away, so in traffic at roundabouts you need to press the accelerator before you would normally to allow for this, whereas the ECVT instantly pulls away and so quiet - great.

A 240mile run yesterday from the top of M25 down ACW to the south downs and Steyning where one can indulge in the Rhubarb scone cream teas at the "Steyning Tearooms". Then south with great views over the downs and then along the A283/272 to Petersfield through pretty villages.

BTW as I'm retired and SWMBO is navigator the cup holders in the central console needs a different function as they don't provide a very good  armrest and I would like a padded cover which slots in place, sounds like a project, any thoughts?

Regards to all

M

9 minutes ago, mikejt said:

the cup holders in the central console needs a different function as they don't provide a very good  armrest and I would like a padded cover which slots in place

I've spent some time looking for such a thing on the internet but with no success. it would be good if some small manufacturer could come up with something that neatly matches the existing upholstery and provides a proper arm rest.

3 hours ago, mikejt said:

My Skoda Octavia vRS with it's DSG Auto is primitive in comparison with ECVT as it lags when you pull away, so in traffic at roundabouts you need to press the accelerator before you would normally to allow for this, whereas the ECVT instantly pulls away and so quiet - great.

Your Skoda's DSG must have been very bad!

I came to the IS300H from a manual, 2.0 litre naturally-aspirated car and that had - predictably -an instant response to any press to the accelerator. By contrast, I feel this aspect of the Lexus is it's weakest point - after 1 year of ownership, I still get caught out from time to time.

Some autos do this to protect the transmission, some do it because the software engineers that programmed them were not very good; I suspect in the case of the Lexus, it is because all the gubbins must make their mind up before the acceleration can happen: The speeds (or lack of) 2 electric motors and a petrol engine must all be combined to give you the best experience at that particular point of time and I guess there is both software and mechanical latency involved.

I still have the Skoda.

I wouldn't say it was very bad but there is a slight delay from pressing accelerator and moving forward which can catch you out when joining traffic at roundabouts.

I was chatting to a sales guy at Hatfield Lexus, he has a DSG Audi and noticed the same delay. The models that stop the engine when stationary are even worse as when you want to pull out in the busy traffic the engine has to start and then the Auto has to engage, nowhere near as good as a manual. Once on the move they are great with instant gear changes with the paddles so overtaking just drop a gear and go with the torque. This is where the ECVT can't compete, must admit I have wondered what a Lexus without ECVT would be like to drive as the chassis seems pretty good.