Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

UK mades ISF headers, who's interested?

Hey guys, seems obvious to me that the standard headers are pretty crappy, after looking at what the options are in the States and the prices, plus shipping, plus duty etc, they seem pretty spendy.

So, I am looking at getting some made over here and the more people that are interested, the better prices we can obtain.

be rest assured that they will not be cheapo crap, I work as a buyer for a British car manufacturer so have lots of contacts.

Who might be interested?

• Like 2

I don't know about compatibility as it depends on routing, which body structures get in the way and other components etc, in terms of power gains, some US manufactures are quoting 70bhp, this is removing the cats though, I'd be wanting to keep the cats, but would still be hopefull of at least 40bhp and given that the standard manifolds are log manifolds, by going to equal length manifolds it will develop a **** load more torque

• Like 1

Take a stock header, remove the cat and weld a straight pipe instead, and bingo. you get power.

That's where it all starts. 

The next choice would be if the manufacturer wishes to design an equal length or long tube system. Either way, they both give you power gains.

2 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

A lot of r&d goes in to these parts with dyno tests to get the optimum design. Would a group buy not be better for some from the states? Just a suggestion. 

99% can be calculated, it's relatively simple theory,  the dyno run just backs up this theory.

the company I am speaking with offers this service

Hi Guys,

No, RCF and ISF headers are different designs. As mentioned, it’s all about the layout/routing, so you would need different designs for each car.

As a proud owner of the unequal length PPE headers, have to say these make a big difference. Car will thank you for changing out the frankly rubbish OEM design. Really restrictive and I struggle to see how Lexus allowed them to be on the car to be honest!

Good luck with this, hopefully you can get a few folks signed up.

Cheers,

Pete

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Pete, do the headers have any effect on bottom end power or is it more a top end mod? Also, what have you done for cats?

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Think I gained more in the top end, but car just feels more happy in any gear at any speed if that makes sense....

Got a set of PPE performance cats welded in to keep MOT happy etc. 😎👍

• Like 1

@Peter P18 Morning Pete quick chirp in off topic regarding the RE-V wheel specs you mentioned, they have to be a custom choice they will do it for you for.......... £2156.56 per front and £260.00 more for each rear + taxes and shipping.........😳

🐀

2 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Peter P18 Morning Pete quick chirp in off topic regarding the RE-V wheel specs you mentioned, they have to be a custom choice they will do it for you for.......... £2156.56 per front and £260.00 more for each rear + taxes and shipping.........😳

🐀

So a set of 4 will be how much? Sounds like a lot! Think we got a quote for custom CCW wheels from the States for just over £3K, so these are lumpy. Appreciate they will be custom spec’d, but same for most manufacturers/suppliers.

Thanks for asking though Paul, not trying to shoot the messenger! Lol.

• Like 1

I've read that the right hand header is prone to cracking, especially as the miles go up. As mine is over 100k miles now I am thinking of preparing for the worst. The cost of the American options are too much for me right now so interested in any alternatives 👍

• Like 2

I maybe wrong, but isn’t the GSF manifold the same?......also LED to believe that they improved the quality on the GSF so this didn’t happen......I’m not convinced mine doesn’t have a blow in the manifold, millage is 60k 😳

• Like 1

On 9/22/2018 at 10:12 AM, Twellsie said:

99% can be calculated, it's relatively simple theory,  the dyno run just backs up this theory.

the company I am speaking with offers this service

Hi Rich, I'd be interested in these.

One thing though, would you not need an engine map is some sort to optimise performance or would these work on a plug-and-play basis?

Not sure of how this all works.

I know the PPE ones from RR in the states come with a map.

2 hours ago, NothernDan said:

Hi Rich, I'd be interested in these.

One thing though, would you not need an engine map is some sort to optimise performance or would these work on a plug-and-play basis?

Not sure of how this all works.

I know the PPE ones from RR in the states come with a map.

Hi Dan, i would be looking to retain cats and the lambda sensors, so closed loop fuel will still function as normal, but to maximize any benefits a re-map is always going to be best

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hangie said:

What the heck are headers ? 🙂 From description it seems like you are speaking about exhaust collectors.

sorry spent too much time reading american forums, yes exhaust manifolds

3 hours ago, Twellsie said:

Hi Dan, i would be looking to retain cats and the lambda sensors, so closed loop fuel will still function as normal, but to maximize any benefits a re-map is always going to be best

Cool, my thoughts were to retain exhaust mounted cats, high flow variety, and lose the cat in the headers with either PPE or a.n.other set of headers. Novel and Sikky seem to do them too but they are all stateside and ridiculously priced.

From what I can see, the PPE units lose the cats in the headers, straighten out a few nasty angles and come with a bung/plug for the sensors and a new set of sensors to correct for the lack of cats etc

Keen to see what a home grown set could deliver, especially if at a good price.

• 2 years later...
On 9/26/2018 at 1:17 PM, NothernDan said:

Cool, my thoughts were to retain exhaust mounted cats, high flow variety, and lose the cat in the headers with either PPE or a.n.other set of headers. Novel and Sikky seem to do them too but they are all stateside and ridiculously priced.

From what I can see, the PPE units lose the cats in the headers, straighten out a few nasty angles and come with a bung/plug for the sensors and a new set of sensors to correct for the lack of cats etc

Keen to see what a home grown set could deliver, especially if at a good price.

Hope everyone is doing well? Thought it would be useful to resuscitate this thread (thank you Dan and apologies for the timing) as this is something I have been exploring over the last few weeks. As you had concluded to make this work financially for all parties, we need to quantify current and possible future interest.....

• Are there buyers interested in UK made headers for the IS-F community?
  • Any preference for UEL or EL? 
  • Any timeframe for when you would be able to make a purchase? 
  • What would be your objections for having this done in the UK? (quality of work?, unknown/undocumented gains? price? sound? etc. )

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts and concerns. DM me or reply if this is of interest. 

2 hours ago, YN57OCK said:

Hope everyone is doing well? Thought it would be useful to resuscitate this thread (thank you Dan and apologies for the timing) as this is something I have been exploring over the last few weeks. As you had concluded to make this work financially for all parties, we need to quantify current and possible future interest.....

• Are there buyers interested in UK made headers for the IS-F community?
  • Any preference for UEL or EL? 
  • Any timeframe for when you would be able to make a purchase? 
  • What would be your objections for having this done in the UK? (quality of work?, unknown/undocumented gains? price? sound? etc. )

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts and concerns. DM me or reply if this is of interest. 

i am still interested.

Equal length would be my preference

Would buy ASAP assuming its a sensible price

Must haves for me  are they must be TIG welded and back purged, preferably 304 Stainless and i would like insight into the primary length length calculations taking into account VE, Cam duration, peak torque and displacement.