Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

UK mades ISF headers, who's interested?

1 hour ago, Twellsie said:

only problem in this plan is the the steering shaft on our cars is on the other side, plus understanding the packaging space of each vehicle, LHD & RHD

Yeah, that presents an issue/challenge, I realised after I sent my reply, oops🤣.

Not sure why there's such a hoo-ha about the price?

A set of Novell headers is over £5000 delivered and PPE headers with custom RHD option retail at $2200 (and they're out of stock anyway) so factor in shipping and VAT that's £2100 to your door.  These coming in at up to £2500 depending on interest looks pretty good all things considered, especially as you have the possibility of having them installed by the manufacturer (and the obvious advantage of not having to post them to Arizona for warranty issues).

After all this is the most expansive mod for our cars short of supercharging, as evidenced by the fact that OBX headers cost £1100 to your door, and their stuffs a joke.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ubersonic said:

Not sure why there's such a hoo-ha about the price?

A set of Novell headers is over £5000 delivered and PPE headers with custom RHD option retail at $2200 (and they're out of stock anyway) so factor in shipping and VAT that's £2100 to your door.  These coming in at up to £2500 depending on interest looks pretty good all things considered, especially as you have the possibility of having them installed by the manufacturer (and the obvious advantage of not having to post them to Arizona for warranty issues).

After all this is the most expansive mod for our cars short of supercharging, as evidenced by the fact that OBX headers cost £1100 to your door, and their stuffs a joke.

Not a hoo-ha, but as someone who buys items like this in a professional capacity everyday (and ex-fabricator), i think they are expensive and that other suppliers should at least be considered

4 hours ago, Twellsie said:

Not a hoo-ha, but as someone who buys items like this in a professional capacity everyday (and ex-fabricator), i think they are expensive and that other suppliers should at least be considered

Of course, it's a fair point. Does anyone have the time or can make the time to shop around and add their findings here? 

Worth the effort if some cash can be saved for a good quality, durable and well specified performance product.

Once the test results are in and paid for, I'll share progress. 

Has anyone weighed in their standard manifolds recently? Im sure they will be worth around 30-40% of the cost of these ones.

Cost is about what i thought it would be to be honest, hopefully they may offer a fitting service too, i understand its not a straight forward job on these cars so some experience would be beneficial and worth the travel! Thinking about it realistically, the reason id go for them is if mine cracked and needed replacing. I had hoped they would have a jig to make these as and when sort of thing, in case that does happen but understand if they only want to do a batch.

3 hours ago, scott-o said:

Has anyone weighed in their standard manifolds recently? Im sure they will be worth around 30-40% of the cost of these ones.

Cost is about what i thought it would be to be honest, hopefully they may offer a fitting service too, i understand its not a straight forward job on these cars so some experience would be beneficial and worth the travel! Thinking about it realistically, the reason id go for them is if mine cracked and needed replacing. I had hoped they would have a jig to make these as and when sort of thing, in case that does happen but understand if they only want to do a batch.

i would be absolutely amazed if they dont make jigs and fixtures, if your making more than a 1 off it makes zero sense not to

5 hours ago, Twellsie said:

i would be absolutely amazed if they dont make jigs and fixtures, if your making more than a 1 off it makes zero sense not to

Yep, hopefully it's something that can just be made moving forward, will keep an eye on it.

3 hours ago, Womble72 said:

It’s a 10hr job to change out the manifolds on these cars......I’ve had mine done due to cracking, still got the cracked ones in the garage.

You should cash in on them, worth a fortune scrap at the moment. There's a buyer on the USA Facebook page paying 1200-2300 dollars a pair. Guess it depends on year and amount of precious metal inside, might recoup your 10 hours labour haha 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scott-o said:

Yep, hopefully it's something that can just be made moving forward, will keep an eye on it.

You should cash in on them, worth a fortune scrap at the moment. There's a buyer on the USA Facebook page paying 1200-2300 dollars a pair. Guess it depends on year and amount of precious metal inside, might recoup your 10 hours labour haha 

Yeah I’ve seen his posts, not sure if he’d be buying U.K. ones 😂.....or what postage n import would cost him...... was thinking of getting them welded n selling on BUT not much call here tbh

11 hours ago, Womble72 said:

Yeah I’ve seen his posts, not sure if he’d be buying U.K. ones 😂.....or what postage n import would cost him...... was thinking of getting them welded n selling on BUT not much call here tbh

I'm sure all that fella is doing is scrapping them though, just need to take them to your local catalytic scrap place and you might get a fortune, they should have numbers stamped on them that they use a data base to check prices, if you can get the numbers off and send them to a cat scrap place then they will give you a value and the data base is updated daily. I scrapped two old cats i'd taken off old diesels a few years ago and got £250, couldnt believe it, was expecting £50 or so. If you were closer i'd buy yours and get them welded as spares (or scrap them in 😂)

Sorry to derail the thread!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Dear all, as you have probably guessed this has taken considerably longer than expected but I'm pleased to say I have been reunited with the car and my word what an improvement. Unfortunately it needs to go back when Shane gets more time to work on it (October/November) and after the little lambda sensor issue, it's sounding and smelling much healthier.

Vids to follow.

• Like 2

On 8/24/2021 at 1:48 AM, YN57OCK said:

Dear all, as you have probably guessed this has taken considerably longer than expected but I'm pleased to say I have been reunited with the car and my word what an improvement. Unfortunately it needs to go back when Shane gets more time to work on it (October/November) and after the little lambda sensor issue, it's sounding and smelling much healthier.

Vids to follow.

Sorry chaps I PMed the videos instead! 

AFS light is due to my incompetence and the airbag light is temporary and not related to the install.. apologies for the sound quality. If anyone is near Greater Manchester, in the coming period you are welcome to swing by or we could do with a northern F meet up!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, YN57OCK said:

Great, now I need to change my underwear.

Is this new manifold with sports cats fitted or catless? What's the rest of your system like do you still have the secondary cats?  This sounds amazing.

And what nav screen is that? O.O

13 hours ago, ubersonic said:

Great, now I need to change my underwear.

Is this new manifold with sports cats fitted or catless? What's the rest of your system like do you still have the secondary cats?  This sounds amazing.

And what nav screen is that? O.O

That is with a sports cat, new manifold and custom(valved) exhaust from STG to make it quieter......still wakes the neighbors on a cold start! It's loud until it goes in gear! 

I still need to do a review on that system but its a 'PX3' Tesla style screen. It was easy to install but it has been a pain to get configured properly as my Chinese is minimal. Google lens, translate function helped! 

On 8/27/2021 at 12:43 PM, YN57OCK said:

That is with a sports cat, new manifold and custom(valved) exhaust from STG to make it quieter......still wakes the neighbors on a cold start! It's loud until it goes in gear!

It sounds epic.

Does it have cats in the manifolds, or in the centre section? or both like stock?

On 8/31/2021 at 1:49 AM, ubersonic said:

It sounds epic.

Does it have cats in the manifolds, or in the centre section? or both like stock?

Only one set of magnaflow sports cats currently fitted, but you can have two. They are not fitted in the absolute stock locations, but pretty close and this is with all four sensors fitted. Note two sensors need a small extension and the car has also had the RR racing remap file.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2021 at 6:22 AM, YN57OCK said:

Only one set of magnaflow sports cats currently fitted, but you can have two. They are not fitted in the absolute stock locations, but pretty close and this is with all four sensors fitted. Note two sensors need a small extension and the car has also had the RR racing remap file.

Nice work sounds exactly like mine now. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...