Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

UX in Teesside today

Went to the car show at Wynyard Hall today in Teesside knowing there was a UX there on the Lexus stand.  It was a pre production model so some of the trim was a bit low rent in places particularly the rear lower bumper.  The car had potential and may start at under £30k and rise to about £34k.

Here are some pictures:

9AF6E80E-20C5-4BF4-A8B6-D1CE5E413701.jpeg

C29F5BEB-C1D5-4B28-9358-48B945E0EF77.jpeg

AC71F9CB-A332-4682-AF5D-F53E42C982CD.jpeg

1E29D7FD-24B1-4DA2-BF50-8E276A1D82D8.jpeg

8000E695-5B4D-4C7E-994E-33F41FBD1682.jpeg

935A25DB-EBB5-47F6-BC62-391CBF792DB2.jpeg

B9908F07-16BD-49F8-B64F-92994B5EC7FC.jpeg

9C0C009B-8B6F-4211-AD89-799CC6FA8744.jpeg

19338E6C-3EF7-483C-B63A-1FDDB0D43054.jpeg

2628D533-1535-4357-80B2-E1E74E13AF40.jpeg

B37F33CE-D1C0-4CC9-85D3-EDD63C1DEBE8.jpeg

31E695F6-3A34-4397-A927-82ABC0A1A5A9.jpeg

29A8F1E6-CE77-4360-85FA-10A44BCEE2A3.jpeg

• Like 1

Nice find, and nice shots Peter. Isn't that a bit unusual for a manufacturer to let a pre-production model be pored over by the general public? At least it says as much on the door!

Only my opinion, but I'm not sure about those 80's fuel and temp needles; I thought they looked rank in the new EX as well. And those chevron graphics alongside, sheesh.... 

Yup, needles in cluster looked out of place and boot needs to be sorted as there’s no depth to it.  I’m sure the boot will be sorted and the cabin will be brightened up with coloured leather trim.  The plastic rear bumper hopefully will be sorted too as it’s very low rent.  

The rear light clusters look better in the flesh but the plastic wheel arch trims are weird as they’re not uniform in shape but head-on shots look good with the LC / NX lights.

1 hour ago, Habu said:

Yup, needles in cluster looked out of place and boot needs to be sorted as there’s no depth to it.  I’m sure the boot will be sorted and the cabin will be brightened up with coloured leather trim.  The plastic rear bumper hopefully will be sorted too as it’s very low rent.  

The rear light clusters look better in the flesh but the plastic wheel arch trims are weird as they’re not uniform in shape but head-on shots look good with the LC / NX lights.

I guess the boot isn't shallow because it's the hybrid version, this image seems to show the Battery under the rear seat. Perhaps it's where they stuff all the secret monitoring equipment for pre-production?

Lexus-UX-performance-03.jpg

Cannot wait to see it in the flesh & drive it but have to say I have studied a Black NX & it does seem better proportioned in my eyes!

I want a 4x4 that will fit my garage & the NX is tight whereas the UX is even shorter but disappoints with those arches!

Tel

Maybe the wheel arches are all part of the aero to steer air flow away from turbulent areas?  Is it strange that they are not uniform in shape but their odd shape may be designed in?  Purely a guess though.

I quite like the exterior styling, interior not so good notwithstanding the fact this is 'pre-production.'

I'll be looking to downsize from my NX in 3 years or so and this may well fit the bill - as long as it is available with 4WD and depending on whether Honda launch the next generation HR-V with a petrol/auto/4WD combination.

12 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

I quite like the exterior styling, interior not so good notwithstanding the fact this is 'pre-production.'

I'll be looking to downsize from my NX in 3 years or so and this may well fit the bill - as long as it is available with 4WD and depending on whether Honda launch the next generation HR-V with a petrol/auto/4WD combination.

I think it is going to be offered in 4WD on the 300h but it'll be similiar to the NX/RX rather than being full 4WD at all times. 

Part-time 4WD is fine - it will get me in and out of the village when paired with Winter tyres in the event of snow. Helps when the lanes are really muddy too, which with all the ploughing currently underway they are!

If I needed to go off-road regularly I'd get an AWD Subaru tbh.