Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Worlds Most Expensive Lightbulb.....

My headlight bulb went on my LS400 mkIV. It cost.....wait for it...........£185!!! :o

Since the other one is likely to go quite soon, does anybody know a cheaper alternative to the Lexus part? I've owned some cars that are cheaper than that bulb......

Very bright though B)

The MKIV has HID lights. The bulbs should last the life of the car but can go before. The other one may not go soon however if you get a new bulb it may be a different colout than the old one as the colour changes with age.

The cost may be more at a dealer however a replacement will still be very expensive whoever supplies it.

£185!!!

You're Kidding!

Philips and Osram-Sylvania make these bulbs and they're basically the same as the household energy-saving fluorescent lights which cost about £10.

There's an in depth HID article by Rich Wang on www.intellexual.net.

My headlight bulb went on my LS400 mkIV. It cost.....wait for it...........£185!!! :o

Since the other one is likely to go quite soon, does anybody know a cheaper alternative to the Lexus part? I've owned some cars that are cheaper than that bulb......

Very bright though B)

185 quid for a **** bulb! FFS!!!!!!!

Speak to Zee mate, he'll sort you out with bulbs :winky: :zee: