Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Design Flaw, or Symptom of Super Slick Paintwork?

In this rainy weather, or even just a very wet car, I find it impossible to open the door and entering and not get drenched with water running off the roof! Even opening the window results in the interior arm rest (and my arm!) getting wet...

Mrs Nemesis was not impressed as she had her second impromptu shower today! 😂

• Like 1

Not a design flaw, just progress I guess. Older cars used to have seams as part of the build process which used to form gutters. Worst is water on a hatchback that pours into the car when opening.

Used to have a 96 Mercedes C180 with a single wiper. When the screen was wet and the wife approached, a flick of the wiper always caught her with a quick shower, every time!!

• Haha 1

There is s ridge running front to back but it does nothing the channel the water. The small amount that does follow the groove ends up dripping in at the open door hinge area...

@Comedian, yes water cascades into the open boot from the top lip of the lid and especially from the top corners! 

Good job it doesn't rain much in this country .... 🙄

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Comedian said:

I'd suggest putting her in the boot but this car has the same issue there as well.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

I looked at an RCF yesterday in the pouring rain. Opened the boot to see if the golf clubs would fit and stood transfixed at the rain pouring into the boot from the top right side of the tailgate.😂

Decent sized boot mind.  

• Like 1

@doog442 Doug you could reduce the instances of the interior of the boot getting wet having bought the car by giving up that absolutely ridiculous game and taking up something like er um um........... 😲 Just putting my tin hat on.........

🐀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I looked at an RCF yesterday in the pouring rain. Opened the boot to see if the golf clubs would fit and stood transfixed at the rain pouring into the boot from the top right side of the tailgate.[emoji23]
Decent sized boot mind.  
Doesn't help that the retractable gimmick.... Er I mean high down force wing..... Collects water

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Common with so many modern cars. 2014 mini was awful and my 2012 e class Mercedes cabriolet used to every 6 weeks or so drip water onto my arm when driving. The only way to stop it was to pull over and open and close the roof. Not to be recommended in a storm. So many frame less windows on cars also drip when they window closes after shutting the door. Not like the good old days when the foot wells filled with water... 

Tbh I think if you really look after your car it doesn't help either. Large beads of water due to diligent washing and waxing that when disturbed are released in a torrent. Try not cleaning it for a few months :blush:

Or try some of the Meguiars NXT products which if memory serves make water sheet rather than bead.