Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Charger point for mobile phone or satnav

Hi All,

planning to buy an IS300H and cannot see where the charging point is on this car, coming from BMW 5 series i don’t think it’s in the same location is it? I mean the cigarette lighter to usb converter.. I don’t really smoke but I need it to charge my Iphone whilst it’s being used as a satnav or to charge the Tom Tom which is a proper satnav 

cheers

19 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

In my RC I charge the phone from the USB port under the centre armrest.

My IS300 has a USB in the centre arm rest also a place to clip the lead in so the arm rest can be closed with the lead sticking out.

• Like 2

I'd recommend using the 12V cigarette socket with an adapter in. Most modern smartphones like up to 2.4Ah.

I find the USB in the centre console outputs far less, probably around 0.5Ah. That's nearly 5 times slower.

I use this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Charger-RAVPower-Adapter-Chargers-2-port/dp/B00Q2GFP4M/

• Like 1

IS 300h has under the arm rest 2x USB both of which can charge too although at a low rate and the cigarette socket too. I have a double fast phone charger plugged in the cigarette socket as it charges the phone much faster than the USB sockets. This sits horizontal under the arm rest. I have a USB memory stick in one of the USB ports with my music on it - you need one of the very small thumb size ones to close the arm rest though. There is a special position to bring the lead out from under he arm rest to plug your phone or other device into. 

• Like 1

I'd recommend using the 12V cigarette socket with an adapter in. Most modern smartphones like up to 2.4Ah.
I find the USB in the centre console outputs far less, probably around 0.5Ah. That's nearly 5 times slower.
I use this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Charger-RAVPower-Adapter-Chargers-2-port/dp/B00Q2GFP4M/
Agree with this.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

I just use the USB charger to keep the phone topped up whilst connected via Bluetooth to the Navy system, giving me live traffic updates.

Are you doing carrier landings?

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Unless you need quick and substantial recharging rather than top-ups,  I find one of the USB ports perfectly adequate, with the added advantage of being able to play music/podcasts content more clearly and at a lower volume setting than with BT,  and with accompanying album art also displayed. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links