Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISF brake pads

I have noticed that with some spirited driving I am getting quite a lot of brake fade, checked through then receipts that came with the car and it looks like its running brembo pads, generally my go to pad are Ferrodo DS2500's but interested to hear your opinions on these cars

• Sad 1

@Twellsie Rich im somewhat surprised to hear that as I put my isF to some quite sustained fast road driving in all conditions without experiencing fade with the OEM pads fitted.

Now just because they the paperwork says brembo there are brembo pads and OEM pads and they do differ, I fitted some brembo boxed ones to my isF just before I sold her and the braking characteristics were noticeably different.

There have been mixed reviews from ECP brembo branded pads as well...... you could always try more engine braking in a lower gear....😂🐀

I had yellowstuff pads until recently and they were great, I never got any fade even after 10 laps of Mallory park (I did 4 stints too so actually around 40 laps in total plus a two hour drive home with no issues at all). 

I've recently switched to stoptech and they feel just as good and are very quiet. They look quite thin compared to the yellowstuff pads though so not sure how long they will last!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Now just because they the paperwork says Brembo there are Brembo pads and OEM pads and they do differ, I fitted some Brembo boxed ones to my isF just before I sold her and the braking characteristics were noticeably different.

Indeed. Bembo use multiple different compounds. Just because it says brembo, it doesn't mean it will feel like the OEM ones. Similar to tyres - Pilot Sport are different to Pilot Super Sport but are both Michelin.

• Like 2

Running ECP Pagid discs and pads on the front. These ones definitely aren't brembo packaged up as Pagid as per some other reports have said. The 'top hats' are a totally different shape and drill pattern is different. A meagre £10 cheaper than ECP brembo OEMs but thought I'd give them a go.

I'm well impressed! 50% less dust at least and a loads less grabby and far more controllable feel. A lot more confidence inspiring and much a more linear modulation throughout the range of motion of the pedal.

I'm only ever on the road and don't thrash it 24seven but I'd buy them again without a second thought. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

@Twellsie Rich im somewhat surprised to hear that as I put my isF to some quite sustained fast road driving in all conditions without experiencing fade with the OEM pads fitted.

Now just because they the paperwork says Brembo there are Brembo pads and OEM pads and they do differ, I fitted some Brembo boxed ones to my isF just before I sold her and the braking characteristics were noticeably different.

There have been mixed reviews from ECP Brembo branded pads as well...... you could always try more engine braking in a lower gear....😂🐀

yeah engine breaking isn't amazing....

however 2 weeks in I have got the hang of the smoke machine!!!

• Haha 2

Indeed. Bembo use multiple different compounds. Just because it says Brembo, it doesn't mean it will feel like the OEM ones. Similar to tyres - Pilot Sport are different to Pilot Super Sport but are both Michelin.
I'm sure we did some digging and found the compound for lexus (bremo) was a galfer compound number.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

On 9/23/2018 at 9:27 PM, Comedian said:

I'm sure we did some digging and found the compound for lexus (bremo) was a galfer compound number.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Yes that was for the RC F and GS F, not sure about the IS F though.

• Like 1