Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Black RcF...... such a shame

That’s a considerable amount of damage and they are suggesting it’s repairable, I have my doubts the parts bill alone would be substantial, they don’t give the reg number except to say it’s a 2015 64 plate car, I don’t have any black 64 plate black Rcf’s on my register anyone know of one ?

C70456E2-892A-4774-A073-5B2944A4A46C.thumb.png.09a3e9473005e05d28744972af29f585.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-64-REG-LEXUS-RC-F-COUPE-5-0-V8-471-HP-AUTO-DAMAGED-SALVAGE-M4-AMG-RS5-/153187210860

Big Rat

That’s a considerable amount of damage and they are suggesting it’s repairable, I have my doubts the parts bill alone would be substantial, they don’t give the reg number except to say it’s a 2015 64 plate car, I don’t have any black 64 plate black Rcf’s on my register anyone know of one ?
C70456E2-892A-4774-A073-5B2944A4A46C.thumb.png.09a3e9473005e05d28744972af29f585.png
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-64-REG-LEXUS-RC-F-COUPE-5-0-V8-471-HP-AUTO-DAMAGED-SALVAGE-M4-AMG-RS5-/153187210860
Big Rat
Reckon they used those headlights in 'drive'

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, Comedian said:

13k? I was interested until I saw the red seats 😄

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

That is the best part, hides that blood well ! Quite high miles as well.... the only car which was close to it was ~50k black RC-F which sold quite quickly at £27.5k with I believe had Quicksilver exhaust as well.  maybe owner realised how dare is his situation to sell it now (with that mileage) and decided it would be better to crash it, get insurance money and then sell car for £13k.... 

£13k is actually good price considering how expensive parts are, just a bit hard to tell if it has TVD etc... 

@Comedian - here is your solution, I believe front seats are plug-n-play as for the rest you will figure out -  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-GS-GSF-F-SPORT-COMPLETE-INTERIOR-SEAT-LEATHER-DOOR-PANEL-RHD/322923160776?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Comedian Still think it’s a big ask to repair that economically unless it’s a self build keeper....😕

🐀

That exactly - considering current prices you will have ~£15k which isn't much. Headlight are like £3k alone, I guess the only option would be to get aftermarket carbon parts (it is not like you would found RC-F part in scrappie) which goes ~£1000/part, so 2 fenders, bumper and bonnet ~£4k...

It is doable, but I would say maybe better for track convert or something like that, not for the road hauling second half or kids. Sadly it is not RC-F Carbon -would be great opportunity to properly strip it for track use 😄  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Northern isf said:

Another 13k in parts and paint easily,anyone who takes that on is brave and/or a sandwich short of a picnic.

But that would be great platform for track car conversion, where you don't really need to re-fit all the airbags etc... Properly repairing it I guess it is non-starter... and I don't even think exterior is the biggest problem - imagine all the mess with replacing all the airbags etc.

• Like 2

Luckily our Rcf's are pretty rare so this motor hopefully wont attract the thieves.

If it was a black M4 it'd be likely that someones black M4 would be stolen to provide the parts.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Comedian Still think it’s a big ask to repair that economically unless it’s a self build keeper....😕

🐀

Wouldn't touch is with your stash - surely breaking for parts and selling us spare wheels is the answer?

21 minutes ago, Bluethunder said:

But it doesn't have a sunroof 🙂...

Sunroof is only needed when you buy car for Sunday ride, for track it makes no sense - heavy sunroof high-up does no favours for low centre of mass.

• Haha 1

If anyone does make contact with the seller, I would be interested in purchasing the damaged grille, I need a piece that I can cut out of this for something I'm working on. Don't want to pay much for it though - more of a nice to have than a must have...if it's damaged it won't be much use to anyone else, so I would pay £20 + Delivery for it. If no-one is making contact I will make contact later this week.

• Like 1