Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISF intakes, what are you using?

6 hours ago, Twellsie said:

making a bit of progress on this spoke with Roose Motorsport today who have confirmed they can manufacture the silicon elbows and can be produced to custom specification, different diameters, lengths, colours etc, if anyone is interested please let me know as this can have a pretty big impact on pricing

Yes!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Twellsie said:

awesome, can you bring tomorrow, its just for measurements, you can have it back when done?

You might have missed the earlier post mate..... the Mrs gave birth to our son, very much before his due date, today! So despite being the organising member of tomorrow’s shindig I can no longer make it!!

Just at home now picking up supplies then back to the hospital!

I have got the factory inlet pipe and a HPS one no longer in use, let’s meet up at some other time to chat about this and what our joint plan are.

have fun tomorrow mate!!

1 minute ago, NothernDan said:

You might have missed the earlier post mate..... the Mrs gave birth to our son, very much before his due date, today! So despite being the organising member of tomorrow’s shindig I can no longer make it!!

Just at home now picking up supplies then back to the hospital!

I have got the factory inlet pipe and a HPS one no longer in use, let’s meet up at some other time to chat about this and what our joint plan are.

have fun tomorrow mate!!

Dude, get off here here and spend time with the Missus and your brand new boy, this **** can wait, we can sort something going forward, congrats to you both 

• 2 weeks later...

so something has gone wrong somewhere, my billet MAF housing has arrived, I am sure I read somewhere that they have a 75mm dia MAF housing and reading that RR Racing change it to a 83mm, this seemed to make sense.

low and behold its too small, the standard housing is 83mm!!!

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

UPDATE, Roose motorsport have finished the tooling for the Silicon Elbow, so that should arrive soon.

Having a little bit of trouble with the MAF housing, ordered two now and both are the wrong size (however, might get away with re-boring the larger one, so will take it in to work and see

%7%3xSDXQGqzA2uIIDdFYA.jpg

Slight tangent but just taken my AFE Power Takeda intake off and put it back to standard before it goes into Lexus tomorrow for 10 year service (anything to get a new air filter).

Took car around the block and it's the 1st time I have heard with only the Fox Exhaust fitted.

Didn't realise how much the intake took over from the exhaust sound.  Not sure what I prefer now.

Do I...

1)Keep it standard

2)Drop the Tom's panel filter back in the second I get it back from Lexus (which is what I ran before Takeda intake.

3)Put Takeda intake back on for more noise

I need to do some sound clips of all 3 options I think 😞

On 11/26/2018 at 4:25 PM, FTBBCVoodoo said:

Slight tangent but just taken my AFE Power Takeda intake off and put it back to standard before it goes into Lexus tomorrow for 10 year service (anything to get a new air filter).

Took car around the block and it's the 1st time I have heard with only the Fox Exhaust fitted.

Didn't realise how much the intake took over from the exhaust sound.  Not sure what I prefer now.

Do I...

1)Keep it standard

2)Drop the Tom's panel filter back in the second I get it back from Lexus (which is what I ran before Takeda intake.

3)Put Takeda intake back on for more noise

I need to do some sound clips of all 3 options I think 😞

if going option 2 and you don't currently have an aftermarket elbow speak to Paul @ https://roosemotorsport.co.uk I have used Roose in the past when I owned a Cosworth and the quality is super, they are reinforced to prevent them collapsing under suction, I have had problems with this when using Samco etc, so were my go to guys for developing a solution for our cars.

I believe they will be £95 so around half the price of the HPS ones once you have factored in shipping and taxes from the US and available in loads of colours.

Will update with a new thread with pictures for anyone that might be interested once it turns up.

• Like 1

The first prototype has arrived and looks very good, needs a couple of tweaks prior to actual production the throttle body end is a little too tight for  comfort and we had a little miscommunication around the oil breather stubs, so these are likely to change to aluminium.

4G1PY1qnQCOMAk5hjTVMow.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 11/29/2018 at 12:29 PM, Twellsie said:

The first prototype has arrived and looks very good, needs a couple of tweaks prior to actual production the throttle body end is a little too tight for  comfort and we had a little miscommunication around the oil breather stubs, so these are likely to change to aluminium.

4G1PY1qnQCOMAk5hjTVMow.jpg

Sorry for the thread bump but did Roose ever finish up these intake pipes do you know? I'd like a hps (or other) intake pipe and panel filter on mine but dont want to order from the states if i dont have to.

• 2 months later...

I got in touch with them to check and they made the revisions you mention, all fitted very well and now have metal breather take offs.

They said they would be getting it on the website ASAP and I'll be getting one in black as soon as. Happy days! 

17 hours ago, scott-o said:

I got in touch with them to check and they made the revisions you mention, all fitted very well and now have metal breather take offs.

They said they would be getting it on the website ASAP and I'll be getting one in black as soon as. Happy days! 

Let us know the difference it makes and how much did it set you back?

4 hours ago, dman2004 said:

Let us know the difference it makes and how much did it set you back?

It turned up today funnily enough, which was a surprise. It was £85 with 4 really high quality stainless hose clips. The smaller ones for the breather aren't really needed though. The larger ones are as the standard clips are on their limit with the hose. 

It's basically the same as the HPS intake pipes from the US but about half the price and UK made. I got it in plain black to keep it looking OEM and it's all on and fitted great. I'll put a couple of pictures up tomorrow.

Also have a really mint condition K&N typhoon intake up for grabs now, which sounds absolutely incredible but I must be getting old and wanted to keep the bay standard looking! Will be going up in the for sale section soon.

On 11/4/2020 at 7:04 PM, scott-o said:

It turned up today funnily enough, which was a surprise. It was £85 with 4 really high quality stainless hose clips. The smaller ones for the breather aren't really needed though. The larger ones are as the standard clips are on their limit with the hose. 

It's basically the same as the HPS intake pipes from the US but about half the price and UK made. I got it in plain black to keep it looking OEM and it's all on and fitted great. I'll put a couple of pictures up tomorrow.

Also have a really mint condition K&N typhoon intake up for grabs now, which sounds absolutely incredible but I must be getting old and wanted to keep the bay standard looking! Will be going up in the for sale section soon.

Link below to the hose on their website:

https://roosemotorsport.co.uk/lexus-isf-v8-5-0l-induction-hose.html

The range of colours are great, i didnt realise most of them were an option! I assume my previous price i gave above had some discount on with helping them out, which i wasnt expecting but it's nice of them all the same!

21 hours ago, scott-o said:

Pictures as promised:

50570144932_8b120ddc2c_c.jpgIMG_20201104_170709 by Scott Osborne, on Flickr

50569261698_c9c534c189_c.jpgIMG_20201105_154356 by Scott Osborne, on Flickr

50570008861_e34b6206a4_c.jpgIMG_20201105_154344 by Scott Osborne, on Flickr

Thank you Scott for the pictures! Looks better than OEM. Have you noticed any difference in sound?

1 hour ago, dman2004 said:

Thank you Scott for the pictures! Looks better than OEM. Have you noticed any difference in sound?

You're welcome and i've not really got a comparison to make as i removed a k&n typhoon to fit this, which is about the loudest intake you can fit 😂

I'm still running the OEM filter at the minute as well, i think ill swap it out to a performance panel filter at some point.