Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The First Lexus EV

Confirmation that Lexus will make an EV and the UX will be the first vehicle to be electrified in the Lexus range

It will be coming out in 2020 and Europe is amongst the continents that will get the initial production units.

I love my IS300h because it has good mpg but still drives like a normal car. I recently  test drove the small electric BMW out of curiosity. Did not like it at all, no character, no feeling, the braking when you come off the accelerator pedal was annoying. I summed it up to the salesman as “bland”, a box to get from A to B. I accept all the environmental reasons but I am old enough not be concerned that one day all cars will be electric.

So it’s still a Hybrid for me. 7 months this since putting down my deposit on my UX, 5 months to go. Will try to sell my 15,000 mile 2015 IS in December as I do not need a car in early 2019.

16 hours ago, rayaans said:

Confirmation that Lexus will make an EV and the UX will be the first vehicle to be electrified in the Lexus range

It will be coming out in 2020 and Europe is amongst the continents that will get the initial production units.

Any chance of a link? Where did you get this info from??

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/28/2018 at 8:51 AM, Richard1200 said:

the braking when you come off the accelerator pedal was annoying.

That isn't a characteristic of an electric vehicle though, It's all software at the end of the day so just how BMW have implemented it. I suspect it is that way because BMW didn't want the extra cost of development, or couldn't make it work, for the electric and mechanical brakes seamlessly work together as the Toyota hybrids do.

• 1 month later...
On 10/27/2018 at 9:33 PM, ColinBarber said:

That isn't a characteristic of an electric vehicle though, It's all software at the end of the day so just how BMW have implemented it. I suspect it is that way because BMW didn't want the extra cost of development, or couldn't make it work, for the electric and mechanical brakes seamlessly work together as the Toyota hybrids do.

As an i3 owner for 4 years, I can say with some knowledge that one pedal driving works well. Regenerative braking has been changed in various software updates. It was ‘toned down’ in 2016 when it became apparent that an ACC disconnect at speed could result in a tailgating driver hitting the i3 from the rear. (Yes, before anyone asks the brake lights do come on when the car is regen braking). I appreciate that the new Audi EV has full hybrid braking (£25k extra in price over an i3) but we are now 4/5 years down the line. That said, the i3 does use a combination of regen and standard braking when ACC is used in stop start traffic. It will be interesting to see what Lexus comes up with for its EV: hence, my interest in this forum. 

PS. An i3 will out accelerate most BMWs from 0 to 60.

• 2 weeks later...

Autoguide notes the trademark registration of UX300e. (Looking forward to the next-gen NX400e to take on the Tesla Model Y).

https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2018/12/trademark-filing-could-signal-fully-electric-lexus-ux300e.html

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links