Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any LOC members work in Planning?

steve2006

I could do with some help regarding a housing development near my house and the local authority is being rather vague regarding some questions I need answering.

If there is a fellow member who could offer a bit of help please PM me.

Hi Steve, Whenever we have had to oppose planning aps there is no better way than to go along to the council chambers when the planning committee meets.  I have been successful on 3 occasions. I also contact the parish council to find out what their position is and go along as well to the parish council meetings, always good to have some parish councillor on your side. Good luck.

On 9/28/2018 at 9:26 PM, Bluesman said:

Hi Steve, Whenever we have had to oppose planning aps there is no better way than to go along to the council chambers when the planning committee meets.  I have been successful on 3 occasions. I also contact the parish council to find out what their position is and go along as well to the parish council meetings, always good to have some parish councillor on your side. Good luck.

No chance around here Mike nearly all planning apps are done by “Delegated Powers” so never goes to committee stage.

Developer has built 2 bungalows on back garden and is now constructing a steel framed and plywood house instead of brick as originally approved.

67E889B1-FC54-4AA1-BBE7-CD7177C27BB9.jpeg

That's unbelievable whatever happened to democratic rule?   That wouldn't get planning permission around here as it above the hight line of adjacent buildings. The best they would get is possible planning for a bungalow.

I would definitely go down to the council offices and get a meeting with one of the planning team taking as many pictures as you can and take as much paperwork with you as you can. 

Finally, if you get no joy I would be getting another Leylandi next to the one you already have.

What do your neighbours think of it?

Neighbour up the right side of our garden is not happy with a bungalow roof now taking up his skyline.

I went up to the local council offices last Friday, had to speak to one of their team on the courtesy phone as he wouldn’t meet me face to face, a complete condescending individual who kept telling me all the information was on the website planning application....it isn’t I searched it all.

Wrote to my local councillors at the weekend but nothing back yet in response, next stop my MP.

• 1 month later...

Apply for information under the freedom of information act. Make sure you ask specific questions that evasive answers cannot be given as a response. Response time is 20 days. Do it by email to ensure a clear audit trail. 

A few years ago a senior executive in a Government Department denied receiving an email from me. Unfortunately I got a data protection enquiry done and she had to admit she had received it. Cost her organisation a lot of money in compensation. 

On 10/2/2018 at 9:34 PM, steve2006 said:

Neighbour up the right side of our garden is not happy with a bungalow roof now taking up his skyline.

I went up to the local council offices last Friday, had to speak to one of their team on the courtesy phone as he wouldn’t meet me face to face, a complete condescending individual who kept telling me all the information was on the website planning application....it isn’t I searched it all.

Wrote to my local councillors at the weekend but nothing back yet in response, next stop my MP.

Sorry Steve, I have only just seen this post. There is definitely a bad smell when officials won't meet you face to face. I would definitely go for info under the freedom of information act if you haven't already done so.

You are already probably onto this...but while you are taking all that good advice above, I would also be planting a fast growing evergreen tree/shrub, just to the right of the one you already appear to have and block the view of the new house. Eucalyptus and Laurel are nice but you can't beat Lyundia for getting the job done quick.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links