Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Have been looking at updating my rear lights, I have seen some made by Vland, they look really nice, and really update the car (mine is a IS250 2008) Has anyone fitted them? Are they any good? Or does anyone recommend a different make. Thanks

I have them fitted to my 250 and absolute love them. They make to car look a lot more modern, especially with the LED indicators. I got mine from eBay for around £200 and expected to fit load resistors to prevent hyper flash bit was pleasantly surprised when I didn’t need to. No major issues with fit, the only slight niggle is that the shut line isn’t identical to that of the boot shut line,  but you’d only ever notice if you were actively searching for it. I’ve attached an image of how they look at night. I can add daytime pics tomorrow if you want?

37D18B05-F69B-46CD-8CE5-ADB1E4860DF4.jpeg

I have them fitted to my 250 and absolute love them. They make to car look a lot more modern, especially with the LED indicators. I got mine from eBay for around £200 and expected to fit load resistors to prevent hyper flash bit was pleasantly surprised when I didn’t need to. No major issues with fit, the only slight niggle is that the shut line isn’t identical to that of the boot shut line,  but you’d only ever notice if you were actively searching for it. I’ve attached an image of how they look at night. I can add daytime pics tomorrow if you want?

14 hours ago, KJB90 said:

I have them fitted to my 250 and absolute love them. They make to car look a lot more modern, especially with the LED indicators. I got mine from ebay for around £200 and expected to fit load resistors to prevent hyper flash bit was pleasantly surprised when I didn’t need to. No major issues with fit, the only slight niggle is that the shut line isn’t identical to that of the boot shut line,  but you’d only ever notice if you were actively searching for it. I’ve attached an image of how they look at night. I can add daytime pics tomorrow if you want?

Thank you for the pictures, they look really smart, are they the normal or the smoked ones? I quite like the smoked effect ones

4 minutes ago, juicestop said:

I was looking into this some time ago, but it appears that with all aftermarket rears they're mostly made for the American market and don't have fog lights.

Fog lights are built into the indicators so they do both jobs just like the latest Audi lights.

As mentioned, they do have fog lights.  I went for the red lenses as I didn’t want it to look  modified / non factory to the untrained eye.  Main reason to swap was that I didn’t like the orange indicators and them not being LED.  Daytime pics below of lights on and off.

B6963222-A1EE-4811-84B4-7676F881F7A3.jpeg

9CECA3DE-5D17-47CA-BAC5-16CED67CE12C.jpeg

• Like 1

Cheers all. Even if I say so myself, they do look way batter than the stock lights!

I’ve been thinking that the exhaust tips are looking a bit grim. Is it a simple enough job to remove them?

Cheers all. Even if I say so myself, they do look way batter than the stock lights!
I’ve been thinking that the exhaust tips are looking a bit grim. Is it a simple enough job to remove them?
No need mate. Some fine wire wool will bring them up.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Cheers for the info guys, that’ll keep me occupied one evening this week! 
Cheap tesco ones are perfectly capable. Keep the pad moist and it won't take long. Unless you want piece and quiet from the Mrs

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

They do look smart, are they plug and play connecting straight to original light fittings?

I've heard about this hyper flashing, how comes it affects some cars but not others?  Is there any guide floating around regarding relays (if needed)?

Plug and play. Very simple DIY job and takes no more than an hour to do. There’s a few YouTube videos too of the process.

The hyper flash I believe is caused by a bulb checking system which sends a small amount of power to the bulbs. If there’s resistance then the bulb is functioning normally, and no resistance signifies a blown bulb. As LED bulbs require less power then a regular incandescent bulb, this bulb check system causes the LED to flicker.

Thank you to everyone who has commented and shown pictures of their lights, now I am torn, both the red and the smoked lights look amazing, my car is grey, one thing is for sure, i will be getting a set, just have to choose which ones.

• Like 1

Ok, took the plunge and ordered the Vland rear lights, I went for red set in the end, also replaced the gas struts in the boot yesterday, what a difference, was an easier job than I thought it would be. The car is coming along quite nicely.

• Like 2