Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS250 SE - Help with Exhaust upgrade.

Nifty IS250

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum today, literally had a 3hr train ride to pick my new (new old 😂) IS250.

Having had an exhilarating 2hr drive home, it's such a machine and I'm now in love.

One thing that has bothered me a little is that over my 12 years of driving, I've naturally found that I drive to the tune of the engine, it tells me how fast I'm going and when I need to change gear ( usually 2-2.5k rpm ) 

IT,S SO BLOODY QUIET 😂.

So to get to the real point of my post.

Can anyone recommend an upgrade I can make to the exhaust system that will make it a little bit louder.

I don't like unnecessarily loud exhausts, so I'm looking for something that is subtle but will just make the difference I'm looking for.

Look forward to your replies, 

Regards, Dan.

P,S sorry for the lack of pics, I'll give it a good clean tomorrow and take some better but it's immaculate đŸ€©

Screenshot_20180928-222953_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20180928-223015_eBay.jpg

Hi Danny

Congrats on the new car and welcome to the forum. 

There's not a lot of aftermarket mods for these. The exhaust can be expensive to replace, there's not a lot of pattern parts around (although there are starting to be some on ebay) so a few owners have had to have stainless steel replacements made and some have complained they're a bit noisy but that might be what you're looking for. 

Other than that, you're looking at importing stuff from the USA where there are some suppliers offering upgrades

see this forum discussion for some more info

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum today, literally had a 3hr train ride to pick my new (new old [emoji23]) IS250.
Having had an exhilarating 2hr drive home, it's such a machine and I'm now in love.
One thing that has bothered me a little is that over my 12 years of driving, I've naturally found that I drive to the tune of the engine, it tells me how fast I'm going and when I need to change gear ( usually 2-2.5k rpm ) 

IT,S SO BLOODY QUIET [emoji23].
So to get to the real point of my post.
Can anyone recommend an upgrade I can make to the exhaust system that will make it a little bit louder.
I don't like unnecessarily loud exhausts, so I'm looking for something that is subtle but will just make the difference I'm looking for.
Look forward to your replies, 
Regards, Dan.
P,S sorry for the lack of pics, I'll give it a good clean tomorrow and take some better but it's immaculate [emoji2956]
Screenshot_20180928-222953_eBay.thumb.jpg.260e3f4ac2a385c1b2c9b03e9d2bc94f.jpg
Screenshot_20180928-223015_eBay.thumb.jpg.39f07dca6aa63e333632dca8e63d7038.jpg
Think you might struggle with what your after mate. The original exhaust is superb and from what I've read anything you replace it with might start droning and not sounding that good. Best bet would be to keep the revs up and listen to the engine sing

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi Dan, that's a good looking car and I'm glad you are enjoying it.

I know exactly what you mean about the stock exhaust. Mine was rotten so Tony Banks in Leeds made up a replacement that works well, is well made, has just enough of a note not to drone and didn't cost the earth. You tell him what you want and leave him to it for the afternoon/day. I've some pics in my build thread ;)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Farqui said:

Hi Dan, that's a good looking car and I'm glad you are enjoying it.

I know exactly what you mean about the stock exhaust. Mine was rotten so Tony Banks in Leeds made up a replacement that works well, is well made, has just enough of a note not to drone and didn't cost the earth. You tell him what you want and leave him to it for the afternoon/day. I've some pics in my build thread 😉

Cheers Farqui, I'll give him a shout.

It does sound nice if it's silent in the car but with the radio on etc I'd just like her to sing a bit louder for me 👌

• Like 1