Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

S/c Problems

billybandit

hello all, i'm having problems with my supacharger :unsure: . the bypass linkage that comes of the thottle control keeps getting stuck when i rev the car hard. at first i thought the spring was playing up on the bypass valve because its bypassing all the time, but its the other end. strange thing is , when the engine is running the lever wont move, but when i turn the engine off the lever moves. then if i turn the engine on again the lever will move fine and you can manualy bypass it yourself (if you know what i mean). has any1 else had any problems with there bypass? i think i will have to strip the thottle body down and check operation inside :yawn:

the middle section of the throttle body where the bypass cable lever arm attaches to is electronic - ie it is a servo motor, it does not move in direct proportion to the outside section( where the main throttle cable and spring is).

With the ignition on (engine not running) if you manually move the main throttle cable attachment - what happens to the bypass lever arm? NOTE: dont worry if you hear a fairly loud buzzing noise - its the servo motor and perfectly normal.

Remember that you may have to move the main assy quite a way for the inner section to move at all.

Also as it is a servo motor there is a clutch mechanism involved ie if the servo motor detects too much torque, then it will disengage - so with the bypass cable disconnected at the throttle body end, move the cable in/out and see if it is smooth - if not pop down to ur local motorbike shop and get a cable oiler - they are not expensive. ( or pop into the workshop and ask the guy to oil it for u)

Yes Rob's right ...

Couple of things to look at ...

Adjustment of bypass cable at s/c end.

Should be screwed all the way IN.

There's a big thread round here somewhere detailing that.

If it's too tight it interferes with throttle body operation.

Also, is the bypass valve moving completely freely ?

I know Chris had a sticky one :whistling:

TTE sent him some replacement bits to sort it.

We have seen some bypass valves binding/sticking - that could be your problem. The remedy is to remove the bypass valve and file away the the alumium part that is causing the interferance (don't touch the disc or the inernal bore)

Hope that helps :)

then if i turn the engine on again the lever will move fine and you can manualy bypass it yourself (if you know what i mean).

ummmmm just reading thru ur post again - do u mean that when the ignition is on / engine running you can easily move the middle section of the throttle body where the bypass cable lever assy attaches to,without any restriction???

then if i turn the engine on again the lever will move fine and you can manualy bypass it yourself (if you know what i mean).

ummmmm just reading thru ur post again - do u mean that when the ignition is on / engine running you can easily move the middle section of the throttle body where the bypass cable lever assy attaches to,without any restriction???

yes mate. what it does, when i put my foot flat to the floor, say to over take a car. when i slow down again there is a noise coming from under the bonnet, when i pop the bonnet, the bypass valve is stuck open. the problem is not at the bypass end but the throttle end .so if i try to move the bypass arm connected to the throttle body, it wont move. so i switch the engine off, check it again and you can move it again by hand. turn the engine on again and it works fine. hard to explain :unsure: