Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Toyota Celsior LS430 -possible buy

59 minutes ago, Iain G said:

Looking at a 2001 version of the above model,absurdly low mileage, looks like it's in good condition,trade seller,any comments on this,before I start travelling to check it out?

Is it the one at Goodmayes in Purfleet?

1 hour ago, Iain G said:

Yes it is, although I've seen low mileage LS's in the past,this one just  seems too good to be true.

I bought my Celsior from them last month with 62k.  The 2001 Celsior was sitting next to mine and it looked so good I was very tempted. That's assuming you're referring to the black one?  I know they have a silver one with silly low miles but it's way overpriced.  The black one is stunning and with chrome dhp wheels almost had me!  It's only the fact that I wanted the facelift model that stopped me.  An import from Japan is the way to go if you want low milage and no rust.

Yes Phil,it is the black one-with the chrome wheels,I have to admit to being sorely tempted,it's all over condition is superb, though I'd  still like to see the car up on a lift to have a good shifty underneath before even test driving the car.

15 minutes ago, Iain G said:

Yes Phil,it is the black one-with the chrome wheels,I have to admit to being sorely tempted,it's all over condition is superb, though I'd  still like to see the car up on a lift to have a good shifty underneath before even test driving the car.

I think it's a beautiful car, I've never seen one that looks so black!  They have a ramp so ask if they can put it up for you. Also it was on the first floor and boxed in like mine so arrange for a test drive so they can get it down before you go, that'll save a separate trip like I had to make.

David is the guy who runs the place, he's quite helpful but won't rush you or try to persuade you.  He'll also tell you the Japanese auction grading for interior and exterior condition which helps. I'm chuffed to bits with mine.

2 hours ago, Iain G said:

Thanks for the info,I think I'll give them a call tomorrow,to arrange a viewing,and maybe trot down there Monday.

Keep us posted, I'm interested to know how you get on.

Mine is also an import model Celsior, it was 12 years old when I bought it with 62,000kms. Still going strong nearly 13 years later with regular DIY servicing and  few suspension parts only due to UK roads.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Iain G said:

Can anyone  here tell me what the cost of the road tax is on a 2001 Celsior ?

My 2003 is £264.  That's less than my last 2001 LS430, so for some reason the imports do seem to be less, don't ask me why! Have you been to see it yet?

Thanks for the reply.I thought it'd be a bit more than that to road tax,but good news nonetheless,I've  been too busy this past week to do anything about the Celsior,but I'm planning on going down to see both cars Monday/ Tuesday, faced with the dilemma of which one to buy,decisions decisions..

24 minutes ago, Iain G said:

Thanks for the reply.I thought it'd be a bit more than that to road tax,but good news nonetheless,I've  been too busy this past week to do anything about the Celsior,but I'm planning on going down to see both cars Monday/ Tuesday, faced with the dilemma of which one to buy,decisions decisions..

Which is the other one apart from the black one?

7 minutes ago, Iain G said:

A silver 2000 Celsior,with only 26,000 on the clock,higher price though.

Oh yes, it doesn't do much for me in the photos and it's very expensive.  Take a look at the black one, it'll really impress you.

Nor me either,bit too pricey also, I agree, I'm quite taken with the black one though, problem is,I can't make it down to see the car until next Thursday now,knowing my luck lately,it'll be snapped up by then!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links