Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

58 plate Is250 v 2018 Range Rover Velar

I work for JLR and a few months back we were offered a Range Rover D180 HSE R Dynamic on a 12 month lease for £268 a month, no deposit. It’s a 62k car and I’ve never had a brand new motor so thought, why not? 

Took delivery of mine on Friday evening and it’s an absolutely stunning car to look at, a real head turner. I’ve had people stop and watch me park etc etc. Cars got every option you could think of. Two touch screens, WiFi, massage seats, remote function so you can heat her up before you get in. The options go on and on and on and on.

An absolutely beautiful car but the ride and engine, performance and refinement... hand on heart is better in my IS250. I know comparing petrol to Diesel is a little unfair but 62k to the 5k I paid a couple of years ago and the 100k miles on the engine.... testament to the quality of the Lexus brand and/or this model

Feel like I’ve traded my perfect woman for a bit of skirt

I know I’ll never own a better value car than my IS. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WetMyBeak said:

I know I’ll never own a better value car than my IS. 

True, but that does sound like an offer you couldn't refuse - even if you'll only use it for doing the weekly shop 😉

Sounds like you got a great deal that you just couldn't refuse and I can see that, especially if, like me, you've never had a brand new car before. However, why you would think 

19 minutes ago, WetMyBeak said:

it’s an absolutely stunning car to look at, a real head turner [...] An absolutely beautiful car

is well beyond me I'm afraid. It doesn't look that different from those of the recent past and you can even see the 'family resemblance' right back to almost the first generation.

Each to their own, of course, but for me, in the words of Craig Revell-Horwood, "Bo-ring dahling" 😉

I get exactly what the original poster is saying. I shift cars for a living. I regularly shift jlr, out of halewood, castle Bromwich and Solihull.
Mind I shift pretty much all mainstream stuff and yes the Lexus I agree is better than most cars out there.
I'd go as far as saying the Lexus is nicer than the rr velour or proper range rover imho.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On 9/30/2018 at 6:18 PM, Shaunomercy said:

I get exactly what the original poster is saying. I shift cars for a living. I regularly shift jlr, out of halewood, castle Bromwich and Solihull.
Mind I shift pretty much all mainstream stuff and yes the Lexus I agree is better than most cars out there.
I'd go as far as saying the Lexus is nicer than the rr velour or proper range rover imho.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Any 5.0L Supercharged you got in stock? 

Hi wetmybeak, that must have hurt writing off a velar, what happened?  What you planning on getting after the year? Bet it's a Lexus again lol. You would have thought  jlr would be throwing the cars at you guys.

£269 a month for a velar is amazing value, where I live would be terrified of being burgled, carjacked, vandalised. 

Let us know how you get on with the velar and if there are any things you miss about your ex lexus

4 hours ago, Scouselexus said:

Hi wetmybeak, that must have hurt writing off a velar, what happened?  What you planning on getting after the year? Bet it's a Lexus again lol. You would have thought  jlr would be throwing the cars at you guys.

£269 a month for a velar is amazing value, where I live would be terrified of being burgled, carjacked, vandalised. 

Let us know how you get on with the velar and if there are any things you miss about your ex lexus

Not sure what happened, the sales woman at the dealership, while discussing gap insurance, told me she’d sold 22 velars to JLR employees and that one had been written off already. 

Must admit the jacking/vandalism thing does worry me. I live in a leafy part of Warrington but my girlfriend lives in Dovecot and has a flimsy front door 😬

After 2 1/2 years of the IS250 the plan is to look at a used IS300h but  from what I’ve read on this forum, they’re not that well regarded. 

Had 2018 BMW 3-series as loaner for couple of weeks and same story, even disregarding diesel engine Lexus is still nicer place to be. Strangely, my experiences is the same when going up to new Lexus with one-size-fits all 300h engine. Now it is not to say IS300h is not great car, but value for money proposition is very poor when comparing 10 years old IS250 for £5k and 2 years old IS300h for 20k... that 15k literally gives you nothing extra. Ok you get slightly higher MPG, but you loosing double that on depreciation,  probably the only real improvement is phone integration, bt audio (for those who care).. but loosing sound and smoothness under acceleration, overall not much more. So if IS250 is 90% there for full package, IS300h for 4 times the price is more like just 75% as good.

I am starting to hate my IS250... it is very hard car to replace!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Had 2018 BMW 3-series as loaner for couple of weeks and same story, even disregarding diesel engine Lexus is still nicer place to be. Strangely, my experiences is the same when going up to new Lexus with one-size-fits all 300h engine. Now it is not to say IS300h is not great car, but value for money proposition is very poor when comparing 10 years old IS250 for £5k and 2 years old IS300h for 20k... that 15k literally gives you nothing extra. Ok you get slightly higher MPG, but you loosing double that on depreciation,  probably the only real improvement is phone integration, bt audio (for those who care).. but loosing sound and smoothness under acceleration, overall not much more. So if IS250 is 90% there for full package, IS300h for 4 times the price is more like just 75% as good.

I am starting to hate my IS250... it is very hard car to replace!!

If I could afford to keep the 250 I’d have no probs going back to her after 12 months. Value wise, there just can’t be a better all round car about. Have to say I’ve really enjoyed my time with Lexus and hopefully there’ll be more to come!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links