Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New GS450h owner and some niggly problems

acepower84

Good evening

I just purchased my 2008 GS450h last Tuesday and i am getting familiar with it. There are a number of small issues i am trying to suss out and thought i would ask on here. If need be, please let me know if i have posted in the wrong section.

I purchased the car knowing that the reverse camera did not work and that the screen changes to just a blank/dark grey screen colour. It is as if it is trying to recognise the camera but not picking anything up. I have done some research and found that it could be the camera itself or the module that controls it.

Upon investigating the wiring behind the inner removable boot panel, the wiring seems to look intact so i decided to check all the other things that should be working on the boot and the only thing that works is:

A) the boot via remote and interior button

B) reverse lights. 

The following appear not to be working:

A) manual boot release

B) fog lights

C) reverse camera

I have not checked the fusebox and it is getting rather late to check this tonight. I will try and locate the fuseboxes tomorrow to see of any of the fuses have blown, which i feel will be unlikely.

I get the feeling that all the items not working may be related and the cord that runs from the boot to the internal part of the car may have a part to play but any ideas or advice would be much appreciated.

Kind regards in advance 

Altaf

2 hours ago, BachelorDays said:

Working rear fog lights are an MOT must, so they should've been working on the last MOT.  Camera and lights probably unrelated.  Let's see what your fuses check shows.

There is only one rear fog lamp, me thinks ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

There is only one rear fog lamp, me thinks ?

1 hour ago, Zotto said:

Rear fog lamp is only one, on the other side is reverse light.

Manual boot opening has an enable switch in glove box to set ON.

Reverse camera…   ?

My GS has two rear fog lights and two reversing lights, both either side of the number plate.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, acepower84 said:

Upon investigating the wiring behind the inner removable boot panel, the wiring seems to look intact so i decided to check all the other things that should be working on the boot and the only thing that works is:

A) the boot via remote and interior button

B) reverse lights. 

The following appear not to be working:

A) manual boot release

B) fog lights

C) reverse camera

Might be a daft question but have you checked the bulbs haven't blown?

1 hour ago, Zotto said:

Manual boot opening has an enable switch in glove box to set ON.

If the boot opens via the remote and the interior button the switch in the glove box will already be set to ON as in the OFF position it disables those two functions. As the boot can be opened by these two functions but not manually I can only assume there must be something wrong with this mechanism. With regards to the camera, sorry, I haven't a clue!

Thanks guys for your help so far. Found the button in the glovebox but this hasnt solved the problem so it must be the solenoid (if it has one that is).

The bulbs i will check when i get a chance to open it up again.

Normally the rear fog lights only come on with the dipped beam headlights on, does the fog light indicator light come on when you select them on?

I also seem to remember several other members suffering from a faulty reversing camera which may have been due to water ingress.

Finally welcome to the LOC.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Normally the rear fog lights only come on with the dipped beam headlights on, does the fog light indicator light come on when you select them on?

I also seem to remember several other members suffering from a faulty reversing camera which may have been due to water ingress.

Finally welcome to the LOC.

The fog light indicator come on in the dash as a yellow icon but no appearance of light outside. I do need to check the bulbs first and then see if any fuses are out  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links